By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why did MS change everything on the ONE?

Why did MS change everything on the ONE?

The bad press after E3. 78 31.08%

Low pre-orders. 142 56.57%

They planed this all alon... 19 7.57%

Other. Please explain. 12 4.78%

Total:251

Why did MS change everything on the XBOX ONE?

The console revealed at E3 had:

- DRM.

- Used games block.

- Always on internet.

- Region block.

- No self publishing to indies.

Now, the Xbox One changed all its core features, here is the current specs (24/07/13):

- NO DRM.

- NO Used games block.

- NO Always on internet requirement.

- NO Region block.

- Full support to self publishing to indies.

WHY? 

MS fans, you guys tell me. WHY?

Sony fans, you guys explaind this to me, WHY?

Nintendo fans, YOU guys must now,WHY?

I seriouslly want to know what you guys really think ABOUT IT.

No fights, every post must be a honest opinion about this: WHY MS CHANGED EVERYTHING IN THE ONE?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Because most gamers hated it, therefore no sales (preorders), therefore no love from retailers, therefore no love from anyone, therefore change to what is wanted. That's of a lot of "therefores", but that's how it is.

Because they were geting destroyed in pre-order sales.

The feedback was not positive it's simple as that.
I believe D. Mattrick's vision collided with people in MS and they felt that change was necessary to prosper with X1.
It turned out to be super attractive to me, I'm in LOVE with X1.

Goatseye said:
The feedback was not positive it's simple as that.
I believe D. Mattrick's vision collided with people in MS and they felt that change was necessary to prosper with X1.
It turned out to be super attractive to me, I'm in LOVE with X1.

The new one or the old? I like the current version, but hated the previous one. I will buy a PS4 first, because I love PLUS and the Sony exclusives, but I have an eye on the ONE, as soon as they drop the price and have at least 10 good exclusives, I will buy one. Also, that Ilumiroom thing, that thing attracts me.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

The backlash from every one with an internet connection. Even their own fans started abandoning them. Developers complaining, indie ones in particular. GameStop had a big role in it. Sony used this to market the PS4 fantasticaly. And finally, the low pre-orders that they weren't expecting.

They wanted to be like Sony, duh.

Because they have realized that passion and connecting with the players is the most important thing in this bussiness, not exploiting your consumer base for bucks.

Jokes. Because poor preorder numbers.

to make their fans look bad

Because the console was getting so much bad press....But people will find something else to complain about now.