By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tired of Nintendo Games/Features coming out in Japan First

Lol! When American companies start treating the rest of the world as equals maybe non-American companies will start treating America in the same fashion? Americans get everything else first and cheaper so in an area where you're not world leaders you can hardly blame a foreign country for putting their people first.

Around the Network

well thats mostly because ninty is a japanese company

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

As I recall Mario Galaxy being released in Japan was a 'gift' to Japan because the trend for the past few years had been that American soil got releases before Japan - so I don't understand the issue here. As I recall Japan has a lot of making up to do on releases.

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

The Wii is bigger in North America and Europe then it is in Japan. We deserve a bone to be thrown our way from time to time.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

At least we get most of the games nowadays... Back in the SNES days most of the hardcore games did not make it over here... a couple final fantasys, a few DQs, Fire Emblems, Secret of Mana 3... the list goes on...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

What's wrong with Nintendo games coming in first in Japan? They're good games.

Twilight Princess and Metroid3 were both released in Americas first, as well as Wii release, DS release. Historically, games being released have always had months to close to a year differences on major games. FF7 was 7 months late in the US.

How would you feel if Microsoft released Halo3 in Japan 3 weeks before the US? Where's the loyalty? hehe

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

Well like all games they release where they are developed first, Metroid Prime 3 was released here first cause it was made by retro an American dev so if you want it released here first they should put American teams on it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

In most cases the games are released in Japan first because that is where they were developed. However their are many cases of Nintendo showing favouritism to North America!

Nintendo DS - Released in NA first

Nintendo Wii - Released in NA First

MetroidPrime3 - Released in NA First

To be honest Nintendo does what is smart. Now I am very upset that SmashBros:Brawl was delayed a month for North America and only a week for Japan. There is no excuse for such a drastic delay. However with games like Pokemon, AnimalCrossing , Zelda and all of the other hits that involve alot of text need to be translated first.

There are reasons games get released in Japan first, though your right. I'd rather Nintendo wait untill the game has been translated and can be released globally before they announce its release dates! 

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

europe is ages behind, it is really a shame

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.