By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom to Announce 13 games on august 1! -update- and here they are!

ryuzaki57 said:
Mr Khan said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Meh list really. The only thing of note is that the Monster Hunter ban on Playstation console has finally been lifted. I hope they have more surprises to share at TGS.

There was never any ban. Portable 3rd came after Tri on Wii, and there have only been two games since then: Tri G and 4.

So what you're saying is that Capcom purposedly kept MH games exclusive for two years, avoiding a 70m PS3 userbase so they would earn less money? That sounds strange economically speaking. In August 2011 PS3 got MH3rd HD, between September 2011 (announcement of MH3G/MH4 during a Nintendo event) and September 2013 no MH game could made it on Playstation console , and suddenly in November 2013 there is one. How do you interpret that honestly?

Well the rumour was for handheld games.  3DS or none, which is also a theory as why Resident Evil Revelations never made it to Vita.  The rumour also mentions the delay to Monster Hunter 4 was to bring bring the contract closer to its expirary date.  

I personally believe that rumour, since the rumour about Nintendo locking hardware makes sense with this.  In exchange for Monster Hunter exclusivity Capcom got full access to the hardware (Explains why Capcom games are next gen better looking than everything else on the 3DS).  

Biggest thing debunking this rumour are the Street Fighter Vita ports, but I think Sony has a hand in Street Fighter right now (Characters in Street FIghter X Tekken for instance vs 360 getting nothing).

It's all rumour all in all, take it with a grain of salt.

Around the Network

This was not worth the wait....

Only Onimusha I am interested in. If it is really for PSV then that's a day one from me. Loved the first 3 games on PS2.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

foodfather said:

Luckily, as someone who doesn't give two shits about Japanese companies, this news doesn't bother me at all. I really don't understand why people keep supporting rubbish companies like this and square.

Do you have a food fetish? Not knocking you, Everyone has fetish's, so do I.

Your pics would suggest you do.

Weedlab said:
Only Onimusha I am interested in. If it is really for PSV then that's a day one from me. Loved the first 3 games on PS2.

It's an iOS/Android game... Go to youtube and look for gameplay videos. 

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Mr Khan said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Meh list really. The only thing of note is that the Monster Hunter ban on Playstation console has finally been lifted. I hope they have more surprises to share at TGS.

There was never any ban. Portable 3rd came after Tri on Wii, and there have only been two games since then: Tri G and 4.

So what you're saying is that Capcom purposedly kept MH games exclusive for two years, avoiding a 70m PS3 userbase so they would earn less money? That sounds strange economically speaking. In August 2011 PS3 got MH3rd HD, between September 2011 (announcement of MH3G/MH4 during a Nintendo event) and September 2013 no MH game could made it on Playstation console , and suddenly in November 2013 there is one. How do you interpret that honestly?

Uhh... it's only a two year gap? What do you expect? Annual Monster Hunter games on PlayStation consoles?

There's nothing out of the ordinary here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Tom3k said:
Weedlab said:

It's an iOS/Android game... Go to youtube and look for gameplay videos. 

Welp ... doesn't seem like Capcom will be getting my money this year. Thanks for the feed.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

BasilZero said:
Wait is that strategy RPG for Monster hunter? I would be interested in it if it was actually on a proper game system (3DS or Vita dont care) and if it came out in the US lol.

I would take it over Regular monster hunter ;(

It's Monster Hunter, it will sell in Japan regardless. I thnk Nintendo has some sort of exclusivity agreement with Capcom on handhelds. Most people thought they had an agreement on the who franchise; apparently they don't. I am really surprised the game is a multiplat. 

Also, what exactly is the point of announcing these announcements??

Wow, whole lotta browser and mobile games! I'm wetting my pants!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!