By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Records the Last 5 Min of Your Gameplay (PS4 15 Min Confirmed)

the2real4mafol said:
walsufnir said:
the2real4mafol said:
That would take up alot of space if you played every day

But only a third of what PS4 will record.

I wasn't aware PS4 did it. But can't you turn off these features? I wouldn't use them. I have no interesting in creating videos. 

I also don't want this and I don't want to share my gaming with anyone.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
KHlover said:
walsufnir said:
KHlover said:
Ok, someone who wants to record LP's still needs to use a capture card on the Xbone? Nice job, MS.

The competitor offers 15 minutes which isn't that long, either.

Most LP's are ~15 minutes, that's enough.

LP = Longplay, right?

Let's Play. I'm too young to associate LP mit Long-Play Schallplatte :P

the2real4mafol said:

I wasn't aware PS4 did it. But can't you turn off these features? I wouldn't use them. I have no interest in creating videos.

I don't know about Xbone but in PS4 seems like a separated memory pool without taking resources of the system... if you turn off the feature won't change anything... so it is ON all the time but you don't need to use it.

I can see myself using this mostly for particularly cool moments in multiplayer matches. I mean the most awesome moments tend to be random, so it's nice that both systems just automatically cache a small amount of time for you to edit and share.

KHlover said:
walsufnir said:
KHlover said:
walsufnir said:
KHlover said:
Ok, someone who wants to record LP's still needs to use a capture card on the Xbone? Nice job, MS.

The competitor offers 15 minutes which isn't that long, either.

Most LP's are ~15 minutes, that's enough.

LP = Longplay, right?

Let's Play. I'm too young to associate LP mit Long-Play Schallplatte :P

Oh, and another one :) Yeah, I know the "let's play"-videos out there. I only watch the walkthrough- and the longplay-videos, though (especially the ones of old games played perfectly!). And I still have a Schallplattenspieler with a good amount of Schallplatten :)

Around the Network

I will use a lot to show how I'm a GOD in Street Fighter IV and just good in GT.

PS. I just kidding... I'm only close to GOD in SFIV

ethomaz said:

I will use a lot to show how I'm a GOD in Street Fighter IV and just good in GT.

PS. I just kidding... I'm only close to GOD in SFIV

Did anyone reveal on which platform the videos will be released? Will Sony put up a streaming-website on their own? Because somehow I doubt they will use Youtube...

I checked the Facebook Killzone video uploaded in the PS4 presentations have 7:51... so it is bigger than 7 minutes.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=113171115535029

DigitalFoundry making mistakes again?

ethomaz said:
I checked the Facebook Killzone video uploaded in the PS4 presentations have 7:51... so it is bigger than 7 minutes.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=113171115535029

DigitalFoundry making mistakes again?

Telling what they have been told at a conference doesn't seem to be a mistake by them and also I think that what we saw was and is always subject to change. It was bigger than 7 minutes which means nothing on what it will be at release.

Makes sense, since it's busy recording the last several minutes of your pathetic life through Kinect. ;)

PS4: Seems like a waste of half a gig of RAM for just 7 minutes. Maybe it records 15 min in 720p?