By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Dev Prefers PS4?

Finding that source for you

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:

I can think of two, successful, independent European developers.  Crytek and CD Projekt RED.

Both have titles for the Xbox One, don't they?

Am I missing a successful independent developer? 

I was just making a joke about the fact that they didn't list a percentage for Xbone.

I don't know of any major European devs who supported the 360 and are skipping the 'bone.

tres said:
bigd615 said:
If true, an employee of one company prefers another company's product. How does this affect anyone besides him? Don't know that it does.

this is where logic fails.  nowhere did the so called xbox one developer say "i prefer ps4" or that he likes ps4 the best.  all he said was as for as everyone in the whole world that has seen the stats.  on paper ps4 has the better stats.

Really? You're going to call me specifically out instead of the thread creator? I specifically said the statement whatever it was, was pretty much irrelevant. 

So far... this dev is confirming what already everybody knows. (Everybody who is not a Microsoft fanboy)

Ps4 is cheaper and more powerful than Xbone.

Ah, and Kinect is almost the same expensive as the own console. (And mandatory)

Oh god, next generation seems so amusing. :D

I think this will be the trend going in to next gen thePS4 will be the chosen console

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

Well, there isn't one and it's hard to argue something like this but let me give you some hints:

1. Visual Studio, which PS4-dev-env uses, is made by MS.

2. DirectX, especially Direct3d, the industry-standard for nowadays gaming (heavy graphic wise, no mobile gaming) is made by MS.

3. MS builds dev-tools, compilers and assemblers since "always", Sony doesn't.

4. 360 was extremely easy to develop for and known as easy to port for PC (obviously given MS' roots). Why should this change if they build a custom PC?

Does no one on the internet know what OpenGL(/CL) is?

My god it is like everyone is drinking M$ koolaid saying DirectX is the one and only api for games

Seikseruza said:
walsufnir said:

Well, there isn't one and it's hard to argue something like this but let me give you some hints:

2. DirectX, especially Direct3d, the industry-standard for nowadays gaming (heavy graphic wise, no mobile gaming) is made by MS.

4. 360 was extremely easy to develop for and known as easy to port for PC (obviously given MS' roots). Why should this change if they build a custom PC?

My god it is like everyone is drinking M$ koolaid saying DirectX is the one and only api for games

i dont care to explain? (honestly i want to know )

bananaking21 said:
Seikseruza said:
walsufnir said:

i dont care to explain? (honestly i want to know )

Well to put it very very very very simply, If the drivers for the hardware work well with OpenGL there is no reason it shouldn't be just as effecitve at rendering graphics as Direct3d.

With consoles this should not be an issue seeing as how the consoles specs never change and therefore the APU driver only has to be made once (and updated as needed).

I would recommend reading more about it with a simple search in google. There is a lot of good information about how it has changed along side DirectX and now Direct3D.

Seikseruza said:
walsufnir said:

Of course I know of OpenGL (and OpenCL) but what is your point? Read my post again carefully and every word before you reply like this. But I see where are you coming from when you use "M$".

walsufnir said:
VGKing said:
Well I'm sure most do. PS4 is the most dev-friendly this time around.

Who is saying this? There is a difference between http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superlative and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative while the second one is especially used considering the PS3.

Well the specs alone make it not only more powerful but more deve friendly. No complicated ESRAM to use. HIgh-bandidth 8GB GDDR5 RAM....etc...etc.

Then there's devs saying PS4's dev tools are further ahead than Xbox Ones. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php/310584-PS4-dev-tools-are-more-mature-than-XBone-according-to-Avalanche

You can't use current-gen as a basis for how things will turn out the next. Sure 360 had the best dev tools and dev-friendly specs but next-gen it seems to be the complete opposite.