Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Jazz2K said:
I think Destiny lacks a lot of polish. The enemies are kind of dull really. It's important to have enemies that you feel are worthy foes. They nailed it in Halo with the Elites, Grunts, Jackals, Hunters etc... but in Destiny I don't know they just felt generic as hell with no purpose.

I feel like the powers were more useful again't the other players than agains't the enemies, the enemies just needed better weaponry. I know I only play the beta but judging by some people's reactions it's not much better. So I don't plan on buying that game at all.

I had a problem with the AI as well. I think I have come to the understanding however that everything can't be as great as halo but It is really hard not to compare it to halo since it is Bungie.

Around the Network
Headshot said:
Jazz2K said:
I think Destiny lacks a lot of polish. The enemies are kind of dull really. It's important to have enemies that you feel are worthy foes. They nailed it in Halo with the Elites, Grunts, Jackals, Hunters etc... but in Destiny I don't know they just felt generic as hell with no purpose.

I feel like the powers were more useful again't the other players than agains't the enemies, the enemies just needed better weaponry. I know I only play the beta but judging by some people's reactions it's not much better. So I don't plan on buying that game at all.

I had a problem with the AI as well. I think I have come to the understanding however that everything can't be as great as halo but It is really hard not to compare it to halo since it is Bungie.

The way some enemies behave felt like Halo 1 at time and at other times it's like the AI just dissapeared leaving them standing still just shooting straight. I think it'll get better with the dlc but didn't they just locked everything on X1 for a full year? If they hid the interesting part in a DLC and X1 users won't get to play that DLC for one full year then this is a big mistake on their part.

So how much people actually bought destiny. And tell me how long you think it's going to entertain you. Not sure if I should buy

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Getting Destiny in an hour. I really hope the campaign is longer than 10 hours.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Just a random user opinion that looks to be agreed by many

I would argue the main problem is that the game doesn't lean enough in any direction. It just picks elements from the shooter genre, MMO, RPG, and such. However, it doesn't really excel at any of them. Yes, the combat is really good, but the encounters and levels just feel so meaningless. The bombast of Call of Duty has the spectable of finely tuned scripted levels, while RPGs feature deep storylines, ample character customization and gear. This has the bare minimum of everything, and it doesn't really work.

The first time I went through Old Russia, I didn't want to go to the cool looking places in the free roam, thinking there would be some cool story related stuff there in the missions and that I didn't want to ruin the experience.

But that never happened.

It amazes me how much work was put into these incredible vistas and locations, yet the missions and story elements themselves are more basic than even Diablo 3. Why not have some audio logs, NPC's - something - anything, just to give these worlds some depth or even context? Even running through a zone in World of Warcraft just oozes with adventure, mystery, a sense of discovery and history.

I think the best way to describe it is like I'm walking through the level in a level editor with all the scripting, NPC's and other elements turned off.

Around the Network

They're really pretty bros

kinisking said:
So how much people actually bought destiny. And tell me how long you think it's going to entertain you. Not sure if I should buy

I bought NHL instead :D

lol will buy Destiny at some point, but I heard the content is lacking...

ie) Ryuu :P

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

GamechaserBE said:

Just a random user opinion that looks to be agreed by many

I would argue the main problem is that the game doesn't lean enough in any direction. It just picks elements from the shooter genre, MMO, RPG, and such. However, it doesn't really excel at any of them. Yes, the combat is really good, but the encounters and levels just feel so meaningless. The bombast of Call of Duty has the spectable of finely tuned scripted levels, while RPGs feature deep storylines, ample character customization and gear. This has the bare minimum of everything, and it doesn't really work.

The first time I went through Old Russia, I didn't want to go to the cool looking places in the free roam, thinking there would be some cool story related stuff there in the missions and that I didn't want to ruin the experience.

But that never happened.

It amazes me how much work was put into these incredible vistas and locations, yet the missions and story elements themselves are more basic than even Diablo 3. Why not have some audio logs, NPC's - something - anything, just to give these worlds some depth or even context? Even running through a zone in World of Warcraft just oozes with adventure, mystery, a sense of discovery and history.

I think the best way to describe it is like I'm walking through the level in a level editor with all the scripting, NPC's and other elements turned off.

Wow, that's really sounding unappealing now!

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

BenVTrigger said:

They're really pretty bros

What's the silver one for?!

I have no plan to get Destiny. Didn't really like the beta.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54