By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

crissindahouse said:
shikamaru317 said:

Lol. Is TressFX really that resource instensive though? I know that Nvidia's Fur tech has a pretty big impact on performance (which is why only the PC version of Witcher 3 uses it), but I was under the impression that AMD's TressFX was alot less demanding. It's not like there are that many bears in the game. Couldn't they simply design it so that render distance for foliage and ground clutter is halved when you're near a bear, that would hopefully free up enough resources to use TressFX on the bears. I don't know, I'm not a programmer. Then again there are wolves too, and they're going to have the same problem with the wolves' fur, and there are likely going to be alot more wolves in the game than bears.

I believe when Tomb Raider released on PC it was around 30% less performance with TressFX on very strong cards and around 50% on the cards with less power. No idea if they have improved it a lot since then but now it would be Lara and a bear with TressFX, I can imagine that this has to be very power consuming. 

Yes tress fx requires a whole lot of power. I played the game on highest setting possible without tress fx got 45fps consistently and tress fx on 25-35fps with frame rate dropping between the number stated above. Its demanding for sure.

Around the Network

@Mo regarding ac unity the game is good imo. I don't know why but you call game repetitive every mission has so many possibilities and different ways to encounter it. If you don't go rambo style I am sure game offers multiple ways to encounter same mission. The new additions to parkour are also great. Yes story might be weak but missions are not same and new additions to parkour are superb they add a whole new sense of flow to the game. AI crowds are the best I have seen in any game so far and world is more living than any other world in terms of people and their actions not in terms of activities. Co-op missions are good if played with friends playing with strangers is not at all fun. Overall a good game and way better than ac iii worst ac game imo and I know you haven't played it.

true_fan said:
Played IDARB for the first time, that game is freaking trash. Worst month of gold yet.

I actually dig it.  Game and matches are incredibly fun. 

But what I don't like about it (and what has made me stop playing it) is the super weird/bad mp experience.  The game, to stop any lag or host advantage, slows down the entire gameplay to accomodate slow connections and that just makes it downright unplayable, which is just a huge shame. 

roborad said:
true_fan said:
Played IDARB for the first time, that game is freaking trash. Worst month of gold yet.

I actually dig it.  Game and matches are incredibly fun. 

But what I don't like about it (and what has made me stop playing it) is the super weird/bad mp experience.  The game, to stop any lag or host advantage, slows down the entire gameplay to accomodate slow connections and that just makes it downright unplayable, which is just a huge shame. 

To be honest it's mainly becuase I suck and the controls felt weird and slow. Also I'm sick of this whole retro/atari graphics craze.

Ryuu96 said:

The latest Xbox Live Deals with Gold sale is now live. Which Xbox One or Xbox 360 bargain will you pick up?

Xbox One

Oh man I need to pick this game up so bad. It's just...... so awesome. Like GOTY!!!!

Around the Network

Is sniper elite 3 worth getting for the 80% off deal?

Duck Dynasty finally on sale, been waiting for that.

Anyways, I thought IDARB was a nice indie game, I'm just a little annoyed at the achievements that require the kinect...

shikamaru317 said:
Edge of Eternity is just $6k away from an Xbox One release now. Looks like it'll reach it by the end of tomorrow for sure, maybe earlier.

Shaweet. I'm glad to see it's still jumping up pretty good. I almost didn't reconize you without your Ciri avatar.

Looks good to me.

Locke is saving chief, I guess.

Ryuu96 said:

This..is apparently an image from a Halo 5 Commercial shoot, imo it looks pretty legit, wasn't sure whether to post it xD can see a production crew person..the Reddit account that posted it was made today and has only ever posted (in that reddit thread)

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2wd5t4/halo_5_commercial_shoot_picture_speculate_away/

Now speculate! =P (Already filming a commercial? Chief got his ass kicked by Locke? ¬.¬ Chief dead? Jk =P) 

Locke finds Chief unconscious. Wakes him, tells him to get up and reaches out his hand?

Or he kicked his ass lol