By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Let Phil Spencer announce Screamride as cross-platform title and you'll see threads stack dooming Xbox as a console maker. But if the opposite happens, people will call out a holy war.
But we all are expected to keep discussions here civil and PG-13.
Like I always do anyway...

Around the Network

Well. Looks like I missed some interesting stuff.

JayWood2010 said:

I guess i just never knew people cared about SOE. Sometimes i feel like we care too much about first party and not enough about games.

Lets be honest, before today people could care less about SOE. Sure theyve made some good games like Planetside and EverQuest. But theyre no Naughty Dog.

im sorry, i just really dont get why this has escalated to 240 comments.  This will just be one of those days that i feel like the gaming community needs to grow up a little bit and relax with the console wars

Yeah, it's a mystery really. People get really quite passionate about their plastic box I suppose, but that doesn't really provide the reasoning, just the outcome.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Goatseye said:

Let Phil Spencer announce Screamride as cross-platform title and you'll see threads stack dooming Xbox as a console maker. But if the opposite happens, people will call out a holy war.

Peopl;e are hypocritics.  I dont care about this whole Console/pc thing.  {People who make a big deal about it often have an agenda well before then

JayWood2010 said:
Goatseye said:

Peopl;e are hypocritics.  I dont care about this whole Console/pc thing.  {People who make a big deal about it often have an agenda well before then

I don't care about companies per se either. But cynism and hypocrisy demonstrated by people on this forum, transcend the leisure topics we're supposed to discuss.

There are too much character flaws in their arguments. It's about more than just "piece of plastic box".

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Slade6alpha said:
Wow.. just noticed that SOE thread.

Claimed a lot of Xbox guys... stay away guys xD

Yep, the thread has gotten true_fan, Mr Puggsly, and mymuro banned. If any of you guys post in there be sure to be careful with your words, and don't let others bait you into a heated debate where you might say something that'll get you banned.

It was the other way around actually.  A lot of people trying to turn it into negative ps4 news when in reality it is almost irrelevant to how the ps4 will do going forward. Nobody was baited.

Ilikegames said:
JayWood2010 said:

I guess i just never knew people cared about SOE. Sometimes i feel like we care too much about first party and not enough about games. 

Lets be honest, before today people could care less about SOE. Sure theyve made some good games like Planetside and EverQuest. But theyre no Naughty Dog.

im sorry, i just really dont get why this has escalated to 240 comments.  This will just be one of those days that i feel like the gaming community needs to grow up a little bit and relax with the console wars

That's for sure. I saw some people talking about it on twitch and I said it's good more gamers will get to play the games. Someone lashes out at me and calls me a "Xboner fagot" and i'm just like..I have a Playstation...He didn't respond to me after that. 

That reminds me of my friend on Ps4 who has a name like xboxrules just to wind people up. Says he gets a lot of hate messages haha.

Pretty crazy how well Halo 5 is doing almost a year before release

Kerotan said:

It isnt positive news nor negative.  THough if you dont start showing interest in xbox or at least no bias but continue to comment in this thread then me and you are going to have a problem.

Witcher 3 Dev Confirms Install Size is 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One

Long-anticipated action-RPG is one of the biggest console games ever.

The Witcher 3 will require around 50GB of install space on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, its developer has confirmed to GameSpot.

CDProjekt RED, the Warsaw based studio currently finishing work on the highly anticipated action-RPG, could not provide exact details on install sizes at this juncture. But, following a purportedly leaked PSN listing, the studio has confirmed that 50GB is the ballpark figure.

Minimum and recommended PC specs for the Witcher 3, which were released in January, had already suggested that about 40GB of hard drive space was necessary to install the game.

Fifty gigabytes of required space makes The Witcher 3 one of the biggest next-gen console games yet, though it's not uncommon for certain Xbox One and PS4 games to carrry similar storage requirements. NBA 2K14 and Assassin's Creed Unity both require more than 40GB of space.

The sheer scale of The Witcher 3 has already become a talking point for its developer. The game's world is apparently about 35 times the size of its predecessor, and about 20 percent bigger than the vast world of Skyrim. It will also render at 1080p on PlayStation 4 (and at a visually similar 900p on Xbox One).

The Witcher 3 release date is May 19 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

See below for a selection of the latest Witcher 3 images:

Click the thumbnails below to view in fullscreen