By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

shikamaru317 said:
Personally I doubt that ME1's dated combat would bother me much, I enjoyed KOTOR 1 and 2's combat when I replayed them about 2 years ago and their combat is also very dated.

You'll want to play from the very first one since choices and everything you've done will effect the sequel especially ME2. That one will determine things such as who you'll see again on ME3.

Around the Network
TiagoCosta said:
shikamaru317 said:
TiagoCosta said:

Yup, we should get a reveal this year. 

Hopefully rpg... 

At the very least it'll have RPG elements probably, alot of games do nowadays. Don't know if it'll be a full RPG though, Visceral has never made an RPG in the past, mainly 1st and 3rd person shooters and hack and slash games. That's one reason why I'm hoping they're working on a revival of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, it matches their expertise pretty well. I imagine Bioware would be the one's to develop a new Star Wars RPG.

Bioware should drop dragon age, it doesn't sell that well. 

And do Star wars + Mass Effect.

I hope some of my favorite characters return in ME4 and decisions will actually matter compared to the 3rd one.

Just a casual retag.

Hopefully will get a chance to play through the ME trilogy for the first time (properly) very soon!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Linchpin said:
I hope some of my favorite characters return in ME4 and decisions will actually matter compared to the 3rd one.

Decisions DID matter in the third one. They affected your whole playthrough. I'm so tired of people crying because of the 5-10 minutes at the end not laying out the future of everybody and everything you cared about in the galaxy 

Around the Network

Ubisoft Announce New Platformer Grow Home 

Ubisoft has announced a new experimental platformer for the PC called Grow Home. It will launch on 4th February.

Grow Home is described as a 'quirky, experiential climbing game' and is being developed by UK-based Ubisoft studio Reflections.

Players explore a vast open world filled with floating islands, majestic caves and waterfalls, taking on the role of BUD (Botanical Utility Droid), a child-like android sent in search of new plant species capable of oxygenating his home world. You grow your giant star plant, reshaping the game world and climbing higher and higher.

"Grow Home offers the opportunity to discover a singular open-world based on two main pillars: Climbing and Exploration.

Climbing: The world of Grow Home is built for vertical exploration and the unique climbing mechanic brings unprecedented freedom. Players control BUD’s hands independently to grab onto any surface, scaling the giant Star Plant as it grows and expands.

Exploration: There are no set paths in Grow Home. Players are free to explore the many micro islands and hidden caves in this fun and beautiful open world. Every island encountered is scattered with hidden crystals to power the players’ journey and expand their abilities."

Am I the only one who's tired of all these shallow indie games standing on nothing more than "artsy" design?

Angelus said:
Am I the only one who's tired of all these shallow indie games standing on nothing more than "artsy" design?

I like these artsy styles personally.  Home Grown is made by ubisoft though.  Just an 8 man team but still ubisoft.

Grow Home? Not a fan of the name but it looks pretty cool.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Tired of 2D platform indie games, 3D ones are welcome.