By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

shikamaru317 said:
kinisking said:
The thing about mass effect is,i played the 3rds demo and absolutely fucking loved it. However I don't want to buy it on 360 with these rumours about a one version

Yeah, I'm waiting for the next-gen release as well. All 3 games remastered with all of the DLC included, that's well over 200 hours of content. I've never played Mass Effect so hopefully it will be good.

Me neither. Well if you don't count the demo. I'm super stoked to play it and if it's not announced by e3 I'll just buy the 3 of them on 360

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
kinisking said:
shikamaru317 said:
kinisking said:
The thing about mass effect is,i played the 3rds demo and absolutely fucking loved it. However I don't want to buy it on 360 with these rumours about a one version

Yeah, I'm waiting for the next-gen release as well. All 3 games remastered with all of the DLC included, that's well over 200 hours of content. I've never played Mass Effect so hopefully it will be good.

Me neither. Well if you don't count the demo. I'm super stoked to play it and if it's not announced by e3 I'll just buy the 3 of them on 360

*buys after E3*

*announced at Gamescom* 

lol

jlmurph2 said:
kinisking said:
shikamaru317 said:
kinisking said:

*buys after E3*

*announced at Gamescom* 

lol

Fuck don't even say that xD

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

shikamaru317 said:
kinisking said:

How u could play Kotor, the best game ever made and then skip that teams next 3 games is beyond me. It's got a better universe than both halo and star wars.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

To the guys thinking of starting the mass effect series be warned. The first games combat and graphics are dated. Was off putting when I started the first game in 09. But stick with it, its the best series I've ever played.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
hudsoniscool said:

How u could play Kotor, the best game ever made and then skip that teams next 3 games is beyond me. It's got a better universe than both halo and star wars.

Lol. Well I played the demo for Mass Effect 2 and didn't like it, but I've heard since then that the demo for Mass Effect 2 was bad and that the series is actually much better, so I want to give the series another try once it goes to nect-gen. 

I hated the me2 demo.  The series is all about the lore. That demo was just gameplay. And it sucked.

shikamaru317 said:
hudsoniscool said:

I hated the me2 demo.  The series is all about the lore. That demo was just gameplay. And it sucked.

Yeah, that's pretty much the way I felt when I played it, it just tossed you right into the gameplay without even a tutorial if I remember correctly, and it didn't really explain the plot either. Not a well designed demo for introducing new players to the series. Is the ME3 demo any better? If so I'll download it on 360 and give it a try.

ME3 demo is all multiplayer co-op. I loved it.

Edit: they did also have the start of the story

true_fan said:
I just purchased Crackdown 1 (played but never beat) Sleeping Dogs, and the Mass Effect trilogy. I am really looking forward to seeing what the Mass Effect hype is about as I have never played it.

As hudsoniscool said, the combat of ME1 is now dated. 

But definitely stick with it, this is amongst my favourite series of all time.

Excited to hear your thoughts.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'm giving up on getting the achievements in the MCC. But I'll still play all the campaigns again and the multiplayer. There's just way too many achievements in that game.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

shikamaru317 said:
Personally I doubt that ME1's dated combat would bother me much, I enjoyed KOTOR 1 and 2's combat when I replayed them about 2 years ago and their combat is also very dated.

Its weird how an amazing story and lore can make average gameplay(me1) good. 

Like StarCraft said stick with it. I tried the game a year after it came out and hated it. Then again months later. Then that awesome CGI trailer for me2 came out. And I thought why not give it one last real try. I mean its sci-fi and I loved Kotor enormously. So I gave it that last try. 

By the time I got to the citadel I was engrossed. The lore got me. The salarian-krogen hate, the genophage, the first contact war, the rackni, thresher maws. I was awestruck. 

Me2 had the best opening of any game I've ever played.

All this mass effect talk makes me want to replay the series again. But I'm holding out in case there is a next gen version. Never got to play the me3 dlc can't wait.