By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Did you guys watch the game variants? AC IV is so funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgts9u56ZS8

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
maximrace said:

Lol, I'll have to subscribe to that one as well.

I'm dead at the EA part hehe :p

maximrace said:

I didnt know he did honest game trailers too O.O  Will be watching these later xD

Time to look for pics to change my avi....

endimion said:

*cough* Go for a border collie! *cough*

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

done :P

Posted by Joseph Haygood on May 12, 2014

RUMOR: Xbox Live Gold Requirement for Apps to Be Removed in June

There has been a lot of chatter around the Internet that the media apps on the Xbox One might be removed from behind the Xbox Live Gold paywall. However, there has been no confirmed word on this until I happened to get news from an anonymous source with knowledge of Xbox Live and media apps and it looks as if this rumor could be a fact coming in June.

The source made it known that everything is set in place for an announcement in June, with the idea of it coming either during the Xbox Media briefing at E3 or in a media release at E3 depending on the focus of the briefing. Currently, The source is not sure if it is just for the Xbox One or the Xbox 360, but the thought is that it will be for both platforms. Microsoft is looking at this as a way to compete with Sony’s offerings, which do not require PlayStation Plus on either the PlayStation 3 or 4 for media apps.

One does have to wonder if this means that more features will be coming to make the Xbox Live gold subscription a worthwhile purchase at $60 a year. It also means that maybe this Xbox TV initiative will be included as part of Gold since the media apps will be removed from the Live requirement according to this news.

I am labeling this as a rumor at this time, but the source seems pretty locked in on the information due to their position.

Link: http://www.ggsgamer.com/2014/05/12/rumor-xbox-live-gold-requirement-for-apps-to-be-removed-in-june/

This is the second time I've heard of MS dropping the Gold requirement for apps, but this time with a release date. I really do hope they go through with this.   

Good for those that don't really use Xbox Live Gold I guess.

Conegamer said:
endimion said:

*cough* Go for a border collie! *cough*

Oh yes :3

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Sunset Overdrive Day One

• Vinyl Gun
  • Fizzie outfit with mask
  • Hammer

Pre-Order bonuses

Microsoft Store

•  Acordes de la Muerte Melee Weapon: Give me a "K!" Give me an "I!" Give me a "Guitar-with-melting-candles-on-it melee weapon that can bash in the skulls of my vilified enemies!" What's that spell? Errr...  
  • The Hangover Melee Weapon: Show how much you like to party with this melee weapon made out of beer cans and an electrified pitchfork. One thing led to the other, right?
Gamestop
  • Wannabe OD Outfit: Be the talk of the town in this gorgeous and bold homage to your mutant enemies. Then kill them in it 
  • Head-Banger Gun: Get ahead of the game with this enhanced version of "The Dude". It does more damage and substitutes bowling balls with mutant heads.
Walmart
  • S'more Action Melee Weapon: A campfire massacre isn't complete without your trusty marshmallow on a stick melee weapon to impale hordes of mutants with. 5-second rule!

None for Amazon or Best Buy yet....

Looks like Microsoft Store has the best preorder bonus so far. Hopefully Microsoft will get digital preorders working before SO releases and hopefully digital preorders will get the MS store preorder bonus.

i just need to see what the ms one looks like now