By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Ryuu where did you get that hypothetical character roster? Was getting ready to start the new poll.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
iceland said:
KSR @ 65 #HYPE

Woo moving up in the world!

Ahhh, back down to 64. You horrible liar, getting my hopes up for nothing :P

It'll happen again! Believe!

iceland said:
JayWood2010 said:

Woo moving up in the world!

Ahhh, back down to 64. You horrible liar, getting my hopes up for nothing :P

It'll happen again! Believe!

Oh so youre going to lie to me again? O.O  And then you tell me to believe?  Shame on you :P

JayWood2010 said:

Oh so youre going to lie to me again? O.O  And then you tell me to believe?  Shame on you :P

#ITSBACK #KSRHYPE #65GOTG

shikamaru317 said:

X's preorders sure are low. Makes you wonder if the hype for X is a case of the loud minority on the internet overhyping a game that the silent majority aren't interested in. Maybe people are holding out hoping that if it fails on Wii U the developer will port it to other platforms. 

I'm pretty sure it's the loud minority. I havn't seen anything about X except for some .gifs.

X is a Xenoblade game, right?

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
Welfare said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm pretty sure it's the loud minority. I havn't seen anything about X except for some .gifs.

X is a Xenoblade game, right?

Its made by the same people monotlith.  Not sure if it is the same franchise or not, but looks very similar to it if it isnt.  

Ill prob get it

SO i have a question about annual realeases. We are seeing it with Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty. Do you all like this or not?

I'm curious about a subject.
Why do people always bash/complain about Titanfall's lack of campaign?
I'm a single player man myself. However, Titanfall is not meant to be played for it's SP mode. It is a MP oriented game that truly excels at being just that. Respawn smartly allocated all their efforts/resources on MP, instead of splitting the team for a tacked on SP.
If people want FPS SP mode play COD, BF or even better, play Halo.
What's your opinion nation brethren?

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, it's a new Xenoblade. I mean Xenoblade Chronicles did well on Wii despite a limited print run, but that was the freaking Wii, it's install base was through the roof, the Wii U's install base is crazy small by comparison. Some people talk about X like it's going to be the system seller that magically saves the Wii U, but these preorder numbers tell a different story, even Bayonetta 2 has more preorders despite the large number of fans of the first game that are angry because it's exclusive to Wii U.

I think people will be very disapointed if they think X will be a system seller. From what I can find, Xenoblade Chronicles sold over 800k on a system with over 100 million units sold. Some might say that's good, but to me, that's bad, and more of a niche title.

X, and to a much lesser extent, Bayonetta 2, will be 2014's W101. Hyped by people on the internet to save the Wii U, but only sell to those that a bought a Wii U for those games already and to who were hyping it.

But back to Xbox One ;), the Youtube update will let me finally upload crap to my Youtube account. Gonna be uploading stuff all day tomorrow.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Goatseye said:
I'm curious about a subject.
Why do people always bash/complain about Titanfall's lack of campaign?
I'm a single player man myself. However, Titanfall is not meant to be played for it's SP mode. It is a MP oriented game that truly excels at being just that. Respawn smartly allocated all their efforts/resources on MP, instead of splitting the team for a tacked on SP.
If people want FPS SP mode play COD, BF or even better, play Halo.
What's your opinion nation brethren?

I think peole want more value from a game if it's $60, so if it's just MM, it feels like you're getting less. I could make the argument that SP only games should be bashed for not offering a co-op or competitive mode, but I don't, because the games are built with SP in mind, and not MM. Titanfall is the same way, just switched. 

Games like CoD and BF waste thier resources on Campaigns for easy marketing, and I don't like it. BF4's campaign was unnesasary, and should've just been MM, with the Bad Co. games having Campaign.

Once people start accepting the fact that games can be MM only too, we can finally get away from this stupid argument.