By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Phil Spencer is a god.. he is going to open the floodgates at E3. Studios we dont know about yet, Loads of unannounced Fist Party games, DX12 being massively impressive and Windows 8 apps. Xbox is starting to order food for you to.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Phil is quickly proving himself to be the best Xbox head since Peter Moore. My only issues with him is that he continues to deny us Shenmue 3 and that he doesn't seem to like the idea of an Xbox themed fighter.

Both realistic decisions by him, he is running a business after not a fans ultimate dreamfactory. Shenmue is up to Sega and a Xbox fighter would do even worse than the Sony one.

shikamaru317 said:
Seece said:
shikamaru317 said:
Phil is quickly proving himself to be the best Xbox head since Peter Moore. My only issues with him is that he continues to deny us Shenmue 3 and that he doesn't seem to like the idea of an Xbox themed fighter.

Both realistic decisions by him, he is running a business after not a fans ultimate dreamfactory. Shenmue is up to Sega and a Xbox fighter would do even worse than the Sony one.

Both of your points are arguable. Shenmue's fanbase has only grown with time, it's the perfect game to lure in Japanese gamers and fans of Japanese games outside of Japan, and both Sega and Yu Suzuki have said that they'd give exclusivity to whichever of the big 3 would be willing to help fund it's development. It's simply a matter of keeping the game's budget in check with sales expectations.

As for an Xbox fighter it doesn't need to be super successful, all it needs to do is make back it's budget and start turning a profit. If Microsoft kept the budget in check and didn't make it a pure Smash Bros. clone like Sony did, it would likely do better than Sony's fighter. Heck it could be quite successful if they used Killer Instinct's model, those types of F2P models are often more profitable than full retail priced games. 

Good points. Id love a Shenmue 3. Also Imagine a Powerstone style Xbox Fighter. But with even better designed stages. F2P model makes a load of sense.

I really wish people would stop asking Phil about an Xbox Fighter and Shenmue 3. If he denied them once then asking more is just an annoyance.

shikamaru317 said:
Seece said:
shikamaru317 said:

Both of your points are arguable. Shenmue's fanbase has only grown with time, it's the perfect game to lure in Japanese gamers and fans of Japanese games outside of Japan, and both Sega and Yu Suzuki have said that they'd give exclusivity to whichever of the big 3 would be willing to help fund it's development. It's simply a matter of keeping the game's budget in check with sales expectations.

As for an Xbox fighter it doesn't need to be super successful, all it needs to do is make back it's budget and start turning a profit. If Microsoft kept the budget in check and didn't make it a pure Smash Bros. clone like Sony did, it would likely do better than Sony's fighter. Heck it could be quite successful if they used Killer Instinct's model, those types of F2P models are often more profitable than full retail priced games. 

I understand his reasoning for not wanting to take risks, but sometimes taking risks is exactly what you've got to do when you're falling behind in a race. 

Japan is not worth bothering with when it comes to original AAA content. Buying exclusives there is fine if they're cheap enough, but it's known Shenmue will not be cheap, why do you think it doesn't exist right now? The Japanese market is contracting and XB1 will sell less than 360 there this gen (Just like PS4 and WiiU will sell less than their predecessors.)

The Xbox fighter is just an all around terrible idea, it didn't do well on PS3, it wouldn't do well here either. Also MS don't greenlight stuff just with the intent to make back their profit, they want to make big franchises, another reason you havn't seen rare IP ect. KI was done on the cheap but thankfully worked out!

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Let's just all stop asking for a Xbox fighter and ask for Kung Fu Chaos 2 instead... we already have a fun awesome stages brawler type game, it could be made so much better if it just gets another shot so yeah, get asking guys xD all we are missing out on is being able to play as Xbox characters....who cares when it's crazy fun! =P

Definitely, would work well as a download title. I loved the first

Fuck the Xbox SSB fighter, I want the Rare kart racer!!!

iceland said:

Yes pleasee. DKR was awesome. Banjo Racing would be amazing. MC in a Warthog.

selnor1983 said:
iceland said:

Yes pleasee. DKR was awesome. Banjo Racing would be amazing. MC in a Warthog.

maybe a mongoose? Warthog might be a little big. It'll be cool if it was like the Sega racer and used a bunch of MS's IPs.

VGC has XB1 at 340k (next weeks numbers I'm assuming at 50k~) for the US for the month of March, would be a massive upswing again MOM.