By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

It's YT mobile app. The worst video app I've ever used.

Around the Network

Damn KSR, RIP RARE lol jk, does everyone still think it'll sell as well as you previously thought?

iceland said:
Damn KSR, RIP RARE lol jk, does everyone still think it'll sell as well as you previously thought?

Only if it was a launch game with the improvements.

iceland said:

I think it can sell 1m.  As i said before i never expected anything higher than 70 so im not really all that surprised by the scores so ill stick with 1m

Im taking this one of two ways.  Rare was actually successful prior to the Kinect Sports franchise.  

Viva Pinata - 2m
Perfect Dark Zero - 1.5m
Kameo - 1m

Perfect Dark Zero sold over 1m in 2006

2008 Rare announces PDZ 1.5m and Kameo Approaching 1m

Both Announced by Rare, VGC has them undertracked by a lot.  

Then Kinect Sports comes along and sells like 7m. Of course Kinect Sports being poular Rare decides to make a sequel Kinect Sports Rivals, and while it does look impressive maybe Rare will see that motion control only games are no longer as popular as they were when they first released Kinect Sports.  

So on one side i hope it doesnt break the 2m barrier which will be more than their best selling hardcore game last generation.  On the other side of things im pretty confident that Rare is going back to hardcore because of numerous statements they have released over the last year since KSR was announced.

Plus the technology that Rare created with face scanning will be shared to other developers which is a plus

USA Top Sellers 29th March 2014

1 PS4 inFAMOUS: Second Son 109,584
2 XOne Titanfall 93,119
3 PS4 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes 43,594
4 PC Diablo III 42,732
5 X360 Minecraft 36,942
6 PS3 Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster 34,620
7 PS3 BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma 30,911
8 PS3 The Witch and the Hundred Knights 22,917
9 X360 South Park: The Stick of Truth 20,517
10 3DS Pokemon X/Y 19,205

Around the Network

Gaming can revitalize Microsoft like music did for Apple, new Xbox boss says

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer says, "I think we have that opportunity."

Microsoft's gaming efforts have the ability to help Microsoft re-emerge as a top-tier consumer company in much the same way that music helped Apple return to prominence. That's according to Head of Xbox Phil Spencer, who said in a new interview that this is the legacy he would like to be known for when his days at Microsoft eventually come to an end.

"I fundamentally believe for this company that gaming can be a real catalyst for Microsoft's re-emergence as a consumer company," Spencer said in an interview with Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb. "I go back and I look at Apple and they, on the back of music, became a very relevant consumer brand. Their investment in music early with the iPod and iTunes and everything that they did was an incredible growth opportunity for them and they really sparked consumer delight and innovation in the product, both the industrial design and just the way the whole service worked and I think we've got the same opportunity with Xbox here at Microsoft."

Prior to his appointment to Head of Xbox last week, Spencer met with new Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and they discussed the role gaming will play in Microsoft's future. He recalls from that meeting that they discussed how Microsoft can use this moment in time for Xbox and Microsoft to focus on making gaming a focus for Microsoft "across everything that we do."

"I think we have that opportunity. I don't think it's a lay-up; and I think there's a lot of work. A lot of things that have to be done," Spencer said. "But it would be great to be a part of that. If people look back and said 'this is when Microsoft committed to gaming across everything that we did led with what we do on Xbox One and that was an important part in their history.'"

The Xbox One launched in November 2013 and sold more than 3 million units in under two months. It's not just a platform for games, as Microsoft today disclosed huge plans for original TV programming for the system.

Last summer's Xbox One DRM/online controversy "hurt me personally," new Head of Xbox Phil Spencer told Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb during his latest podcast. The reason why he was so intimately affected was because he said he knows Microsoft builds products "for the right reasons" and Microsoft could have done more to better communicate this last year.

"I believe in why this company builds products. It's one of the reasons why the whole thing around last summer with Xbox kind of hurt me personally so much," Spencer said. "Because I know we build Xbox for the right reasons. We didn't completely communicate it the right way; some of the decisions maybe didn't land or weren't the right decisions and we changed some of those. But this a company that has the resources to really do things that change the world."

Spencer has since acknowledged that some of the Xbox One policy decisions announced last summer (and later reversed) were "wrong." Microsoft drew significant debate for its controversial 24-hour check-in system and used-game stance.

Xbox One DRM/online controversy "hurt me personally" says Phil Spencer

New Head of Xbox says he was so personally hurt because he knows that Microsoft builds Xbox "for the right reasons."

Spencer's comments came in response to a question regarding why he has stayed with Microsoft for so long. He said he's energized by working at Microsoft because the company has "both the resources and the ambition to change the world." Spencer joined Microsoft as an intern out of college and has worked at Microsoft for the past 26 years.

Also during the podcast, Spencer teased that Microsoft has major plans for PC gaming in the future.

"On the PC space specifically right now, we're doing some PC-specific work that I'm really excited about," he said. "We're probably still months away from showing it in any major way. But it's nice to see us getting back to our roots at Microsoft Studios because we started as a PC developer."

Last week, Microsoft released Halo: Spartan Assault for PC via Steam, marking the iconic franchise's debut on Valve's marketplace.

Ryuu96 said:
Remember guys Strike Suit Zero releases tomorrow on XB1, First Indie game launching on XB1

Yeah, I'm interested in that game.  I'm hoping some new reviews come out so I can get an idea of how good the updated version is.

KSR @ 65 #HYPE

iceland said:
KSR @ 65 #HYPE

Woo moving up in the world!

Ahhh, back down to 64. You horrible liar, getting my hopes up for nothing :P