By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Conegamer said:
JayWood2010 said:
Shouldnt the sales data be coming soon on VGC? Its been over a week for the last update

Fingers crossed, yeah. Should be a pretty interesting update all things considered!

Yeah, post TItanFall + Pricecut at a few retailers and PS4 still in the first week of InFamous SS.

Around the Network

I get so tired of the downplaying on this site. With that said here is a comparison of PDZ to Halo 4. This is what Phil Spencer is saying can be achieved with time and help from DX12

shikamaru317 said:
I was just watching some Xbox 360 gameplay of Titanfall, looks better than I expected. Usually 3rd party ports suck, but Titanfall turned out pretty good.

How is the framerate?  

Yeah, i cant think of the name of the developer who was porting it but they have a good track record.  Im sure X360 fans will have a lot of fun with it.

Ryuu96 said:
KSR is sitting at a 61 on Meta right now, honestly disappointing, might cancel the pre-order..another game that is meant to show off the Kinect appears like it's failed xD (Fighter Within was the first...)

It was never going to get good reviews dude, neither did Kinect Sports 1 and 2. Couple that with reviewers being harsher and even moreso towards Kinect these days. Try and find a way to demo it at a mates or something.

And stop putting faith in reviews/metacritic in the first place, go with your gut.

Ryuu96 said:
KSR is sitting at a 61 on Meta right now, honestly disappointing, might cancel the pre-order..another game that is meant to show off the Kinect appears like it's failed xD (Fighter Within was the first...)

awwh :/  I was hoping for a 70 honestly.  I never expected anything higher though.  Now ill have to debate on supporting Rare or not

Around the Network
Seece said:
Ryuu96 said:

It was never going to get good reviews dude, neither did Kinect Sports 1 and 2. Couple that with reviewers being harsher and even moreso towards Kinect these days. Try and find a way to demo it at a mates or something.

And stop putting faith in reviews/metacritic in the first place, go with your gut.

Preach

shikamaru317 said:
It is a shame that KSR wasn't better recieved by critics though, Microsoft needed a successful Kinect game to convince the doubters that the Kinect is worth the extra $100-150 on the Xbox One's price tag. The next wave of Kinect games won't be coming until later this year, hopefully Microsoft won't be forced to unbundle it before then just to compete with the PS4.

As i said before im not a fan of kinect only games.  However the extra $100 was justified simply for the media hub to me.

Man you people are far too optimistic/expectant. No more Kinect games are coming, there isn't a slew waiting in the wings ready to be revealed and MS don't need to show why Kinect is necessary for gaming appeal. It's in there for OS functionality and not much else. The only Kinect stuff you'll see is super casual (Just Dance) and indie.

Seece said:

Man you people are far too optimistic/expectant. No more Kinect games are coming, there isn't a slew waiting in the wings ready to be revealed and MS don't need to show why Kinect is necessary for gaming appeal. It's in there for OS functionality and not much else. The only Kinect stuff you'll see is super casual (Just Dance) and indie.

I got to agree with this.  OS reasons.

Anyways ill prob still get KSR. 

Ryuu96 said:
JayWood2010 said:
shikamaru317 said:
It is a shame that KSR wasn't better recieved by critics though, Microsoft needed a successful Kinect game to convince the doubters that the Kinect is worth the extra $100-150 on the Xbox One's price tag. The next wave of Kinect games won't be coming until later this year, hopefully Microsoft won't be forced to unbundle it before then just to compete with the PS4.

As i said before im not a fan of kinect only games.  However the extra $100 was justified simply for the media hub to me.

It's great but allot of people won't think that the $100 is justified to add a few features and easier navigation

A lot .... of people don't really look at it that way. Price tag, particular exclusives and friends are the biggest sways. If MS can get it down to PS4 price with kinect still included then it's all gravy.

Seriously tho, motion controlled gaming is dying on its feet, very few want it these days.