By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CVG: Driveclub Dev Debating Over 60fps Target

Tagged games:

Darc Requiem said:
Racing games should be at 60fps. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anyone that thinks 60fps will ever be the standard in console gaming is being foolish. Developers often sacrifice frame rate for visual fidelity.

I agree with racing games you need perfect timing like Simulators but for Arcades races there are no need here... Need for Speed games, Forza Horizons, etc run at 30fps BTW

Around the Network

^^ for a game to be good it doesn't need to be 60 frames a second. Arcade racers surly dont need it. When your fighting for 10th of a second you do.

ethomaz said:
arcane_chaos said:
can someone explain to me the benefit of 60fps versus 30fps?(or any between them) does it help with resolution? overall graphics?

I mean I certainly can't tell the difference between the two....have I missed out on the available "bullet time" feature that was given out to the public :p

Play any Call of Duty game and after play Battlefield 3... play Call of Duty game again... you will see the difference and why the devs are aiming 60fps on Battlefield 4 this time even if the resolution is dropped to 720p in next-gen consoles.

And you will fell the difference... it is the better way to make you felt the difference than try to explain

Doesn't matter what the frame rate is at if your latency to the server you are connecting to is higher than everyone else's. First world Hawaii and Alaska problems.

Seikseruza said:

Doesn't matter what the frame rate is at if your latency to the server you are connecting to is higher than everyone else's. First world Hawaii and Alaska problems.

Yes... for online.... play the games offline for comparison... just to have the feeling of 30 vs 60fps because you have to see the difference to undestand.

ethomaz said:

Seikseruza said:

Yes... for online.... play the games offline for comparison... just to have the feeling of 30 vs 60fps because you have to see the difference to undestand.

i honestly dont feel a difference, i regularly switch from playing CoD to other games such as killzone, uncharted and TLoU. i honestly dont feel anything different. 

Around the Network

I am the only one who doesn't notice if a game runs at 30 or 60 FPS? I really didn't see any difference between GT5, NFS Most Wanted, Shift 2 or Grid 2 for example.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

I will try to make some tests here first a small picture... after the GT6 trailler... 30fps vs 60fps.

http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

PS. The 15fps is a plus

See the 60fps is much smoother and have more animations when the cube rotates.

Can you see?

For games with fast timing this make all the difference... Street Fight IV, GT5, Forza can't be played in 30fps... you will always lost the right timing for the combos and to make the turns perfectly.

For FPS games the action became better... that is the main advantage of CoD over any other FPS this gen... and I guess the motive everybody loved it... Battlefield 4 is trying to catch this on the nextgen.

Mmmfishtacos said:
^^ for a game to be good it doesn't need to be 60 frames a second. Arcade racers surly dont need it. When your fighting for 10th of a second you do.

then the developers shouldn't talk about time trial and stuff like that (saw that in a video) if this game is not about you trying to get better times as other people on this planet.

The physics wont be real world. Frames will not matter to achieve better times.