By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kawashima--I work for free

http://ds.ign.com/articles/849/849752p1.html

Wow.  Makes me feel like such a sell-out. 

Also lends more credibility for the Brain Training games, don't you think? 

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

yeah this guy is a genious!

i wish i could be like him and give up so much money!!

:)

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

"Everyone in my family is mad at me, but I tell them that if they want money, go out and earn it."

+1 respect.

wow..i could not be like him lolol

i like what he said about video games:

"What is scary about games is that you can kill as many hours as you want. I don't think playing games is bad in itself, but it makes children unable to do what they should do, such as study and communication with the family."

That's a perspective that just hasn't come across my mind. I've just been casting video games as "waste of time" category, but what he said is definitely much truer and to the point.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

I guess his own kids aren't allowed to play Brain Age, no? :P

love this quote:

"t it makes children unable to do what they should do, such as study and communication with the family"

hmmm, I thought Brain age makes you SMARTER. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

he reminds me of yamauchi, i have the following quote from wikipedia

"Hiroshi Yamauchi subsequently became the chairman of Nintendo's board of directors. He finally left the board in June 2005 due to his age and because he felt that he was leaving the company in good hands. Yamauchi also refused to accept his retirement pension, which was reported to be around $9 million to $14 million, feeling that Nintendo could put it to better use."

Nintendo has the nicest people

^^^^^
wow i didnt even know that!!

so many ppl on the internet felt yamauchi killed nintendo
but if it wasnt for him, the wii nor the ds would have ever
come into existence!!!

:P

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

While I applaud the anti-materialist sentiment, Kawashima strikes me as a frighteningly joyless individual. I can see why his family might resent him.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

pichu_pichu said:
he reminds me of yamauchi, i have the following quote from wikipedia

"Hiroshi Yamauchi subsequently became the chairman of Nintendo's board of directors. He finally left the board in June 2005 due to his age and because he felt that he was leaving the company in good hands. Yamauchi also refused to accept his retirement pension, which was reported to be around $9 million to $14 million, feeling that Nintendo could put it to better use."

Nintendo has the nicest people

wow.  maybe that's just their culture.  maybe that's why their customer service is so good--it permeates from the top.

though to be fair in yamauchi's case he is the biggest shareholder of nintendo, no?

i wonder how much miyamoto can make if money is really an important issue for him. 

the Wii is an epidemic.