By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - june NPD is releasing tommorow, what level will the meltdown be?

what level will the meltdown be for this NPD?

1 nothing, no meltdown what so ever 35 35.00%

2 0 0%

3 1 1.00%

4 2 2.00%

5 10 10.00%

6 5 5.00%

7 9 9.00%

8 3 3.00%

9 1 1.00%

10 HOLY F BALLZZ MELTTTTDOOWWNNN!!! 34 34.00%

Total:100

If you want to get technical with it (most people don't), the 3DS broke the hardware streak in May. Usually the goalposts get moved to "home console streak" but whatever....not important.

Supposedly Animal Crossing increased 3DS sales 4x...but I'm thinking that's over the previous week or over the past couple weeks or something. The 3DS is definitely going to be up there. TLoU could have moved some consoles, but idk if it will have put the PS3 in contention with the 3DS. Did anything even release for the 360 in June? I haven't turned mine on since early May honestly...whoops.

Around the Network

There will be no meltdowns, only peace and harmony as everyone accepts the numbers for what they are and moves on with their lives.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf proves that NPD and VGChartz need to somehow start tracking digital sales.  I remember seeing that article talking about how NPD is going to start trying to track digital sales.  Not sure how they are going to do that unless they get cooperation with the big 3.

Vita and Wii u will do less than last month. Thats for sure.

kowenicki said:
the_dengle said:
It's going to be fun, that's for sure.

You haven't been in the last few NPD thread at release time then? It varies between frustrating and tedious. Fun isn't something I'd associate with them at the moment. 

Sometimes it's fun watching the disbelief at how well the 3DS is doing. Usually it's obnoxious scrolling through all the Wii U hate... like the latest Famitsu thread. 360 and PS3 are fairly predictable at this point.

Around the Network

Ok so its 5 weeks right for the month?

3DS hardware figures (VGChartz)

30,944 ⇔ Week Ending June 1st

30,935 ⇔ Week Ending June 8th

97,026 ⇔ Week Ending June 15th

72,913 ⇔ Week Ending June 22nd

58,988 ⇔ Week Ending June 29th

289,806= Total

So overtracked? Im hoping undertracked for that third week

edit: Animal crossing/ Nintendo stated 4 times as much sales? So thats why im hoping its undertracked here

tbone51 said:

Ok so its 5 weeks right for the month?

3DS hardware figures (VGChartz)

30,944 ⇔ Week Ending June 1st

30,935 ⇔ Week Ending June 8th

97,026 ⇔ Week Ending June 15th

72,913 ⇔ Week Ending June 22nd

58,988 ⇔ Week Ending June 29th

289,806= Total

So overtracked? Im hoping undertracked for that third week

edit: Animal crossing/ Nintendo stated 4 times as much sales? So thats why im hoping its undertracked here

I think this one is different, it ended july 6 i believe

bobgamez said:
MoHasanie said:
The PS3 could break the 360's streak?!? Wow, I'd be surprised if it did cause the 360 has been winning for so many months now but it is possible with TLOU releasing in June.

WEll Im gonig to be honest, at this point does it really matter? The 360 dominated for 3 years straight and you are beating the scraps of it, but thats just me.

Why make a thread about it then?

No Boutros thread yet? Surprising. But not a lot, aside from 3DS above 360, and PS3 being very close. Animal Crossing and TLoU will be 1 and 2, AC could be on top if digital and bundled sales are included.

As for Wii U, it should be slightly up over last month, but the Vita won't.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Einsam_Delphin said:
There will be no meltdowns, only peace and harmony as everyone accepts the numbers for what they are and moves on with their lives.

I do wonder at what point people essentially give up hope for the WiiU and don't expect it to sell and well and people don't comment on its very poor sales. Probably once the PS4 and Xbox 1 really kick it into gear next gen, but that could be any time between launch (super unlikely) and 2.5 years on the market (also super unlikely), it'll probably happen somewhere in the middle ground :)