By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Go see Pacific Rim. It's pure awesome.

Put a classic Godzilla movie and Neon Genesis Evangelion in a blender, and you have this baby.

Giant robots fight giant monsters. Humans mind meld with each other, with machines, and with monsters. An oil tanker gets broken over the head of a walking hammerhead shark the size of a skyscraper. 

The premise is absurd, but this is one of those movies that knows this and makes it work, without the nauseating self-conscious of lesser films. It's balls-to-the-wall intense, and while it's imperfect, it's just too much fun for its blemishes to count for much.

Can't recommend it enough.

Around the Network

I saw it yesterday, every scene that wasn't an action scene was awful and cheesy (and not in the 'charming' way some of those all action 80s/90s movies were), but holy shit the jaeger and monster fights were incredible. So epic.

I'm planning to, when the first trailers came out, me and many other people thought it looked like drivel. But seeing review scores, I'm actually quite excited now.

Hmm, pie.

I like that they used Jaegar and Kaiju lol

Gotta love them mechs.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Don't you tell me what to fucking do!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I should be able to see it in the next week or so. Been wanting to watch this one ever since I saw the trailers earlier this year.

i don't want to raise my expectations going into this, i have been disappointed too many times by awesome trailers.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

it isnt out yet were i live but i really want to see it, looks freaking amazing

I have to say the story of pacific rim is ridiculously retarded. and apparently actors are not very good at acting, at least in this movies.
I know I shouldn't expect something more than action of this movie, but the fact of 7.9/10 on imdb made me go to see the movie.

Looks more like pure cheesiness