By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Big Is Your Backlog?

My backlog is...

0-5 Games 23 13.37%

6-10 Games 24 13.95%

11-15 Games 17 9.88%

16-20 Games 16 9.30%

21-25 Games 10 5.81%

More than 25 Games 48 27.91%

If I win the lottery and ... 34 19.77%

Total:172

~15 Wii Games
~25 360 Games
~20 PS3 Games
~20 DS Games
~15 PSP Games
~105 Retro Games (~35 PS2, ~20 PS1, ~4 GCN ~5XB1, ~5DC, ~8GBA, ~3GBC, ~5Saturn, ~5 N64, ~10 SNES, ~5 NES)

~200 Total, but I wouldn't label all this as a backlog.

I own a lot of retro games because they are going up and up in value, and I eventually want to beat most of them. However I'm in no rush to do so, I like playing a classic JRPG from time to time, and I like to have options. If I had no Retro game backlog, I would basically stop playing video games, and get a new hobby. The reason why I have so many PS1/PS2 games is because I wan't too into gaming before, and PS1/PS2 were secondary consoles for me, so I missed out on a lot of gems.

My only real "backlog" is my 360/Wii collection, which is about 40 games. I won't go get an 8th gen WiiU or PS4 until I beat these games. The reason why I only count Wii/360 games, and not PS3/PSP or DS is because I plan to get a Wii U first, so I want to beat my Wii games before I do that, and my 360 is breaking, so I want to beat what I have before it goes, and not buy a refurbished console.

I'm buying a PS3 this fall, and I don't want to rush the games I have, just so I can buy a PS4. PS4 will take a while to build up a library, so I'm just going to enjoy my PS3/360 games until then. I'll buy a PS4 even if I don't finish all my PS3 games because like I said, I do enjoy classic games.

I don't consider my PSP collection a backlog because I've only owned a PSP for a year, and have no plans to buy a PSV any time soon. So it's a modern gen Sony handheld to me. As for DS, well 3DS is BC, and I want to get a 3DS XL, so I'm actually holding off playing my DS games until I get a 3DS XL to play them. So it's not really a backlog as an active game list. The reason why I don't have a 3DS XL yet is because I don't like the colour options for Canada (Blue or Red two-tone), and when I see Europe and Japan get Solid Black and Solid White, I feel a good colour option is just around the corner. Also the 3DS XL battery life is a bit weak IMO, so I want to hold off for a better model, my PSP is entertaining enough until then.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I have more games in my backlog than what I want to. If I can finish this year FF IX, Suikoden V, Pokemon Emerald and Zelda aLttP it'll be a sucess.

i have caught up because of the Wii U drought. I have 4 or so games that need to be finished

between steam and ps games. its well over 100 games, maybe 200+ steam sales are at fault here. :( yes i need to win the lotto to get remotely close to catching up on backlog.

About 25 games just on PS3 and 5 or so PSN games. And this is without many of the key games from 2012/ 13 that i intended to buy.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

lol...

I have all 3 systems, but Im a ps3 fan and that's my main gaming console.

I play all games I think worth playing in chronological order; right now I will be starting Dead Space 2 next, which means I've only progressed to games released since Jan 2011. I haven't even touched games I am dying to play such as Skyrim, Uncharted 3, and etc...

So, my backlog is around 30-40 games. I also decided to plat games that are awesome, like Red Dead Redemption, that took me many months to plat.

Not including all the games I still need to buy, the retro games I emulate, MMOs, and the games on my iPhone.....It's still 200+.

I just finished Arc the Lad 1 and Batman: Arkham City, so I'm slowly making progress. I'm currently working on Wild Arms 4.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Michael-5 said:

~15 Wii Games
~25 360 Games
~20 PS3 Games
~20 DS Games
~15 PSP Games
~105 Retro Games (~35 PS2, ~20 PS1, ~4 GCN ~5XB1, ~5DC, ~8GBA, ~3GBC, ~5Saturn, ~5 N64, ~10 SNES, ~5 NES)

I own a lot of retro games because they are going up and up in value, and I eventually want to beat most of them. However I'm in no rush to do so, I like playing a classic JRPG from time to time, and I like to have options. If I had no Retro game backlog, I would basically stop playing video games, and get a new hobby. The reason why I have so many PS1/PS2 games is because I wan't too into gaming before, and PS1/PS2 were secondary consoles for me, so I missed out on a lot of gems.

My only real "backlog" is my 360/Wii collection, which is about 40 games. I won't go get an 8th gen WiiU or PS4 until I beat these games. The reason why I only count Wii/360 games, and not PS3/PSP or DS is because I plan to get a Wii U first, so I want to beat my Wii games before I do that, and my 360 is breaking, so I want to beat what I have before it goes, and not buy a refurbished console.

I'm buying a PS3 this fall, and I don't want to rush the games I have, just so I can buy a PS4. PS4 will take a while to build up a library, so I'm just going to enjoy my PS3/360 games until then. I'll buy a PS4 even if I don't finish all my PS3 games because like I said, I do enjoy classic games.

I don't consider my PSP collection a backlog because I've only owned a PSP for a year, and have no plans to buy a PSV any time soon. So it's a modern gen Sony handheld to me. As for DS, well 3DS is BC, and I want to get a 3DS XL, so I'm actually holding off playing my DS games until I get a 3DS XL to play them. So it's not really a backlog as an active game list. The reason why I don't have a 3DS XL yet is because I don't like the colour options for Canada (Blue or Red two-tone), and when I see Europe and Japan get Solid Black and Solid White, I feel a good colour option is just around the corner. Also the 3DS XL battery life is a bit weak IMO, so I want to hold off for a better model, my PSP is entertaining enough until then.

I don't include retro games in my backlog either, though like you, I love going back and playing them.  There are plenty there I'm looking forward to finally getting around to.  Though I'm getting a PS4 at launch, I am thinking that the library will take awhile to get built up, allowing me to continue to go back to my PS3 backlog.  The genius of Mark Cerny and Shu Yoshida is my biggest obstacle to that, as the "time to triangle" in the development process has been reduced back to PS1 levels according to Cerny.

BinaryDelt said:
Michael-5 said:

~15 Wii Games
~25 360 Games
~20 PS3 Games
~20 DS Games
~15 PSP Games

I don't include retro games in my backlog either, though like you, I love going back and playing them.  There are plenty there I'm looking forward to finally getting around to.  Though I'm getting a PS4 at launch, I am thinking that the library will take awhile to get built up, allowing me to continue to go back to my PS3 backlog.  The genius of Mark Cerny and Shu Yoshida is my biggest obstacle to that, as the "time to triangle" in the development process has been reduced back to PS1 levels according to Cerny.

The PS2 and PS1 took about 3 years to build up a decent library, the PS2 took only 1 though, so we have time. Also I've never faired well with first gen PS systems. My PS1 and PS2 broke in 5 years (which is still good), and my PS3 only lasted 2 (but I bought it used). I'm going to wait for a PS4 Slim, and until then I'll get a Wii U. I got a Wii late this gen, and Mario Kart/Smash Bros./Wii Sports just aren't as amazingwhen they are 4 years old.

Also, "time to triangle?" What are you talking about?

Also, there retro games are nice, there are so many great PS1/PS2 games I missed out on. I don't need to beat Final Fantasy 7-9, Chrono Cross, or Shadow Hearts any time soon, but I know I'll like these types of games, and it's nie to pwn physical copies.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Just got a new laptop...currently playing:
Hitman Absolution
AC Brotherhood
Skyrim
NFS Most Wanted
GTA IV
Dishonored
Spec Ops the Line