By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outselling the 360 by 10,000 with US and Others COMBINED!!!

when will software be updated?

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>It's too late for the PS3 to be dominant this generation. The 360 already has too many users.

LOL 7 million more is "too many users"? LMAO!!!!

if EA, the most US-based company can come out and predict PS3 outselling 360, that's really saying something.

I predict PS3 will catch up to 360 (WW) around mid of 09. both around 25-27 million mark.

I think it will be a lot sooner than that. That 7 million is only US sales. The PS3 is about to outsell the 360 outside the US in total numbers.

If this week is a sign of things to come (and that’s a big if), we can expect the PS3 to outsell the 360 by around 40-50%. Let’s go conservative and say 40%.

If you round the 360 to 17 million, and the PS3 to 10 million, at 40% sales difference from now, when the 360 hits 25 million, the PS3 will hit 30 million (8 mil is 40% of 20 mil).

I didn't expect that ^^''.

PS3 outsold the 360 WW for another week - cool. To say it's dominating? Not so much. I still see a 7M console lead for the 360 - and right now, the PS3 is only leading by 10K. Even with a huge boost, it's like 50K-75K lead. Big deal. It's still 7M behind the 360, and 11M behind the Wii.

Let spring settle in - if the PS3 is still beating the 360, then and only then will I believe that the PS3 has turned the corner.

I still love the fact it took the PS3 two price cuts, 4 skus to get to this point. It's a good start, but believe you me, it's a long, long, LONG road ahead.

>import??you understand japanese...

A little bit, I'm a quarter Japanese. I played Crisis Core in Japanese no problem.

I'm more than happy with PS3's no-region lock feature.

and still, we haven't seen what a true AAA game can do for PS3's sale, if MGS4 explodes on PS3, we might expect that number (of catching up) to be as early as early 09 when release of FFXIII in Japan.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
NJ5 said:
X-Man said:
Microsoft fails this generation. Again. I don't think a price cut will even help now.

Look at the sales boost the PS3 got from its price cuts, why wouldn't the 360 get a similar boost?

I assume your referring to the arcade price drop to 199 euro.

1) Well, the Playstation brand is much much much much much stronger in Europe than Microsoft brand, so it would gain a bigger boost from a price drop. 

2) The arcade model is gimped, even more gimped than the 40GB PS3 (which isn't really that gimped). The arcade has no BC and no harddrive, the 40GB has no BC with PS2 games. I cannot imagine my PS3 without a harddrive.

The price drop will help, but not much. If they dropped the price of the premium or the elite by a significant amount then that would make a difference. 

@Kingofwale

oh right....lol

YEs we have yet to see what a true AAA game can do....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@madskillz

all thats ok, but you'd think Halo 3 + $50 price cut would still be doing something....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

TheRealMafoo said:
kingofwale said:
>It's too late for the PS3 to be dominant this generation. The 360 already has too many users.

LOL 7 million more is "too many users"? LMAO!!!!

if EA, the most US-based company can come out and predict PS3 outselling 360, that's really saying something.

I predict PS3 will catch up to 360 (WW) around mid of 09. both around 25-27 million mark.

I think it will be a lot sooner than that. That 7 million is only US sales. The PS3 is about to outsell the 360 outside the US in total numbers.

If this week is a sign of things to come (and that’s a big if), we can expect the PS3 to outsell the 360 by around 40-50%. Let’s go conservative and say 40%.

If you round the 360 to 17 million, and the PS3 to 10 million, at 40% sales difference from now, when the 360 hits 25 million, the PS3 will hit 30 million (8 mil is 40% of 20 mil).

That's not how you'd do that math... You would take 8 million units sold for 360 and add an additional 40% of 8 million to that to get the total new units sold for PS3. So that would be 3.2 million more PS3's than 360's, or 11.3 million vs. 8 million. So your total would be 25 million 360's and 21.3 million PS3's.

as regard to Arcade version rumour. I think there's NO WAY they will sell it for only 199. No way Microsoft is willing to drop it by THAT Much.

here's why, Arcade version is made to compete with Wii, not PS3, so it makes no sense for them to drop that sku to compete with PS3 at this point.

also, they have to drop the US price too because the US user would be pissed to pay more than the european counterpart (when was the last time US users pay more for a came console??), If that happens (they wont), then Microsoft can possibly justify the Pro version being twice as much and have to drop that too.

in short, Microsoft will see itself deeply in red again, and not really doing much help. They are much better off using that money and create more games.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)