By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outselling the 360 by 10,000 with US and Others COMBINED!!!

WhiteDevil said:
@ 4D Gamer III

do you wear glasses?
Followup question: Are they rose-colored?

[edit:  got top of the page AGAIN!  Woot.  But I have no good content this time, and people ignored my content last time.  Oh well.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Auron said:
Omac said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Funkrusher

HALO 3 appeals to a WIDER Demographic than GT5 & FFXIII

WHAT BS!

GT series has never sold below 9 million (peaking at 15 million) & FF never below 5 million (peaking at 10 million)

It's quite obvious GT as a series is bigger than Halo...now

You smoking crack?

And you are too big of a Halo fanboy to realise that he is right.  Numbers don't lie, back under your bridge troll.

I love when you say something and someone calls you a fanboy not knowing anything about you or your background.  Hey genuis' I don't even like HALO. I'm into COD4 though if you must know. So there's something you just learned about me.  See the problem with the internet is you try and being insulting or funny. And sure it may come off as funny or insulting to you or your e-flunky followers. But an insult without claim or merit to back it isn't at insult it's just ignorance.  There you go you just learned something else. I'm giving out gold stars if you can apply and use this knowledge correctly next time.

But back to the matter on hand it was ignorant on my part to put that up there with out checking actual numbers and sales data, and doing all that cool internet tech savy you guys do.  My bad. I will infact retract that statement.  But assuming you read (because it's apparent you didn't comprehend what was written). I was saying that these franchise WILL NOT CAUSE A HUGE SPIKE IN SALES FOR THE PS3 TO MAKE IT CATIPULT FROM 7million to 17MILLION SYSTEMS SOLD UPON THEIR RELEASE.

I put it in bold for you. Take some time read it and digest it.  And I stand buy that. The numbers you guys listed were on a system that had what? Over 100million users as a fanbase? Okay maybe not that much over their first releases but the Ps2 at the time of FFX-XII and MGS3 and GTA3-4 clearly had more than 20 million users.So let's apply those numbers here? Are those the current Sales-TO-Life date?  Cool let's use them to help me make my point.  if I'm looking at the numbers for those past games. And looking at the install numbers for the Ps3 NOW (in bold again for the comprehensively challenged).  That means in order for any of those games on their release to sell those numbers  EVERYONE (in bold again) who owns a Ps3 will be buying those games.Now sure that can happen? But the probability of it happening? You do the math.So I've spelled it out for you. I could make a witty comment about you guys being too much of Ps3 fanboys to have read and comprehended this or my previous post.  But I'll let what I just posted speak for itself.Go ahead refute that.  And please feel free to ad more nonsensical witty, attempt at hurting e-feelings comments.  I need a few more laughs.  Time is yours.

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

I have time I'll wait.

I have time I'll wait.

Hey, what this THREAD about? =)

Another selling trend in FAVOUR PS3?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Can people explain to me why they think MS would go aggressive on price front? They will not catch up to the Wii (and they know it) and they have a good year lead to the PS3 if the worst case happens. They have plenty of third party support and really really stellar software sales! Why should they be aggressive? To tell Sony a lesson? Well thats the MS of 2006 not 2008.

May I remind everybody they just put an offer to buy Yahoo for 45 billion? That is some serios cash. Cash that even MS does not have! If they get Yahoo it will be the first time they will lend money. Call me crazy but that shows some serious things:

MS priority shifted:

They want to fight Google, Apple, Linux more than Sony. And thats because they are all attacking MS at its core: The OS and Office business! The move to buy Yahoo is expensive and totally risky. That shows MS is desperate at that front. 

Do you really think MS will take a fight on Sony in that environment? I doubt it. They will cash in on their gaming devision for a change. They will drop the price of their high profile SKU (Premium) only if they are forced to. 45 billion will seriosly hurt their cash flow and force their hands. 

I say Sony will drop the price first, MS will just react. You can quote me on that! 

+1000000000000000

for Just _Ben

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@ just ben, you are right, M$ isn't doing too badly, and I don't think they expected to come first in the console race, and the 360 will start turning profits soon (if it is not already doing so) but you are right that they need the money if they are going to buy yahoo

Just_Ben said:

Can people explain to me why they think MS would go aggressive on price front? They will not catch up to the Wii (and they know it) and they have a good year lead to the PS3 if the worst case happens. They have plenty of third party support and really really stellar software sales! Why should they be aggressive? To tell Sony a lesson? Well thats the MS of 2006 not 2008.

May I remind everybody they just put an offer to buy Yahoo for 45 billion? That is some serios cash. Cash that even MS does not have! If they get Yahoo it will be the first time they will lend money. Call me crazy but that shows some serious things:

MS priority shifted:

They want to fight Google, Apple, Linux more than Sony. And thats because they are all attacking MS at its core: The OS and Office business! The move to buy Yahoo is expensive and totally risky. That shows MS is desperate at that front. 

Do you really think MS will take a fight on Sony in that environment? I doubt it. They will cash in on their gaming devision for a change. They will drop the price of their high profile SKU (Premium) only if they are forced to. 45 billion will seriosly hurt their cash flow and force their hands. 

I say Sony will drop the price first, MS will just react. You can quote me on that! 

I will, because it already happened in late July/early August. This is though, M$ actually cut the price in reaction to a phase out and not an actual price cut on Sony's part. Let's see what happens when Sony drops the 40GB to $299, if at anytime soon. Then the real price war will begin

FunKrusher said:
Auron said:
Omac said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Funkrusher

HALO 3 appeals to a WIDER Demographic than GT5 & FFXIII

WHAT BS!

GT series has never sold below 9 million (peaking at 15 million) & FF never below 5 million (peaking at 10 million)

It's quite obvious GT as a series is bigger than Halo...now

You smoking crack?

And you are too big of a Halo fanboy to realise that he is right. Numbers don't lie, back under your bridge troll.

I love when you say something and someone calls you a fanboy not knowing anything about you or your background. Hey genuis' I don't even like HALO. I'm into COD4 though if you must know. So there's something you just learned about me. See the problem with the internet is you try and being insulting or funny. And sure it may come off as funny or insulting to you or your e-flunky followers. But an insult without claim or merit to back it isn't at insult it's just ignorance. There you go you just learned something else. I'm giving out gold stars if you can apply and use this knowledge correctly next time.

But back to the matter on hand it was ignorant on my part to put that up there with out checking actual numbers and sales data, and doing all that cool internet tech savy you guys do. My bad. I will infact retract that statement. But assuming you read (because it's apparent you didn't comprehend what was written). I was saying that these franchise WILL NOT CAUSE A HUGE SPIKE IN SALES FOR THE PS3 TO MAKE IT CATIPULT FROM 7million to 17MILLION SYSTEMS SOLD UPON THEIR RELEASE.

I put it in bold for you. Take some time read it and digest it. And I stand buy that. The numbers you guys listed were on a system that had what? Over 100million users as a fanbase? Okay maybe not that much over their first releases but the Ps2 at the time of FFX-XII and MGS3 and GTA3-4 clearly had more than 20 million users.So let's apply those numbers here? Are those the current Sales-TO-Life date? Cool let's use them to help me make my point. if I'm looking at the numbers for those past games. And looking at the install numbers for the Ps3 NOW (in bold again for the comprehensively challenged). That means in order for any of those games on their release to sell those numbers EVERYONE (in bold again) who owns a Ps3 will be buying those games.Now sure that can happen? But the probability of it happening? You do the math.So I've spelled it out for you. I could make a witty comment about you guys being too much of Ps3 fanboys to have read and comprehended this or my previous post. But I'll let what I just posted speak for itself.Go ahead refute that. And please feel free to ad more nonsensical witty, attempt at hurting e-feelings comments. I need a few more laughs. Time is yours.

What is this your alt account or did you think i was talking to you when my comments are towards Omac and not you.  If this is your alt nice to know that you troll on at least two accounts.  How about you find something better to do with your time?  Now you talk about the PS3 numbers now well GT is not coming out NOW is it?  Next GT didn't sell that amount in one day but over the generation.  Now if you are Omac then my comments stand.  If you are not well then i guess you can join him under the bridge.