By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Core exclusives Sony (PS3) Vs MS (X360).

wow only 12 real exclusives in 3 years is just pathetic. This is why I wonder why people say 360 >ps3. Yah maybe casuals think this with all that Kinect crap.

Around the Network

Can't argue with the criteria, as it is the thread in question.

I would like to see a thread comprising digital, retail, and multiplats on one and not the other. Now THAT would be a real list.

But as for this, the results aren't surprising in the least.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Th3PANO said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Domination where it matters.

Oh dear. If Move would have been as successful as Kinect you would see a lot more games for it too.

I've tried explaining this to him before. He will reply that the Move didn't take off because Sony for some reason didn't want it to. They are ok with it being a borderline flop, they never meant it to be a mainstream device.

J_Allard said:
Th3PANO said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Oh dear. If Move would have been as successful as Kinect you would see a lot more games for it too.

I've tried explaining this to him before. He will reply that the Move didn't take off because Sony for some reason didn't want it to. They are ok with it being a borderline flop, they never meant it to be a mainstream device.

Then I guess we will leave it at there xD

By the way, the 360 list is missing about 5 games that are also on the PC.

Around the Network
Playstationfan12 said:
wow only 12 real exclusives in 3 years is just pathetic. This is why I wonder why people say 360 >ps3. Yah maybe casuals think this with all that Kinect crap.

Some people might not be "casuals" and yet, simply not care for a ton of games on that PS3 side. For example out of all those non-Move PS3 titles, I bought 7. Was satisfied with 2 (GT5, Last of Us) of them. The rest were average titles or broken in some way and were quickly traded in/forgotten about.

Meanwhile the 360 side is over 3 times smaller yet I still managed to buy 6 of those titles and was satisfied with 3 (Gears, Forza 4/Horizon).

And then you still have XBLA, which imho blows PSN out of the water without breaking a sweat, and a majority of 3rd party titles running better on 360, not to mention DLC exclusive deals for other games that sway me to get the 360 version (CoD, Bethesda in general, etc). Plus you have titles also available on PC like Witcher 2. But guess what? I don't like gaming on my PC and my PC probably couldn't run Witcher 2 anywhere near as well as the 360. So for me, I count that. If you own a gaming PC, you wouldn't count that.

You don't have to agree with this line of thinking but you said you wonder why people can think this way, I provided you with an unbiased, perfectly logical reason.

J_Allard said:
DarthVolod said:

According to Wikipedia:

List of Xbox 360 games = 959 games (multiplatform: 757; exclusive: 123; console exclusive: 79) on this list as of June 6, 2013.

List of PS3 games = 772 games (multiplatform: 621; exclusive: 143; console exclusive: 8) as of January 14, 2013.

Wow, so that is over 200 360 games you cannot play on PS3 versus over 150 on PS3 you can't play on 360. And even if you take out "console exclusive", the difference is 20 games. A ton of which (most definitely more than 20) can be attributed solely to Japan. Yet people talk as if MS is terrible at pumping out games, let alone exclusives. Thanks for this tidbit of into, very eye-opening. I assume it includes XBLA/PSN?

The lists are not perfect, but even if one puts a 20-30 game margin of error on each number you still see a clear difference. The notion that Sony dominates 360 in exclusives is largely a myth. The difference is in composition and not quanity. Far more console exclusives on 360 than PS3. Even in terms of pure exclusives, the difference is only 20 games or so at most (about 5-6 or those are MLB games and at least 10-15 are Japanese games that would never have been ported to 360).

The lists, for the most part, don't count PSN/XBLA games either as far as I can tell (just looked up a bunch of XBLA titles like Shadowcomplex, Stae of Decay, ect. and none are on the 360 list so this is retail only). Japanese exclusive games are counted on these lists (both 360 and PS3).

I don't expect most of the posters on this thread to care though. The original list itself was already distorted beyond reason because of its timeline and its definition of an "exclusive" game.

Th3PANO said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yes, probably a few years down the road. Sony has never, ever put very much stock in the Move or Eyetoy a generation earlier. They focus on the core games. Sony had the kinect before the kinect so they kind of know the shortcomings of such devices and their abilities. Even though they screwed up at least give them some credit for their decisions.

DarthVolod said:
J_Allard said:
DarthVolod said:

According to Wikipedia:

List of Xbox 360 games = 959 games (multiplatform: 757; exclusive: 123; console exclusive: 79) on this list as of June 6, 2013.

List of PS3 games = 772 games (multiplatform: 621; exclusive: 143; console exclusive: 8) as of January 14, 2013.

Wow, so that is over 200 360 games you cannot play on PS3 versus over 150 on PS3 you can't play on 360. And even if you take out "console exclusive", the difference is 20 games. A ton of which (most definitely more than 20) can be attributed solely to Japan. Yet people talk as if MS is terrible at pumping out games, let alone exclusives. Thanks for this tidbit of into, very eye-opening. I assume it includes XBLA/PSN?

The lists are not perfect, but even if one puts a 20-30 game margin of error on each number you still see a clear difference. The notion that Sony dominates 360 in exclusives is largely a myth. The difference is in composition and not quanity. Far more console exclusives on 360 than PS3. Even in terms of pure exclusives, the difference is only 20 games or so at most (about 5-6 or those are MLB games and at least 10-15 are Japanese games that would never have been ported to 360).

The lists, for the most part, don't count PSN/XBLA games either as far as I can tell (just looked up a bunch of XBLA titles like Shadowcomplex, Stae of Decay, ect. and none are on the 360 list so this is retail only). Japanese exclusive games are counted on these lists (both 360 and PS3).

Ok. If XBLA were included the numbers would explode even more in 360's favor. Such a large number of console exclusives is why I assumed XBLA was being included. Wow. Mind = blown. I had a feeling people talking about the myth you mentioned were full of crap but this just confirms it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
NinjaHanzo said:
And some people still wondering why the next generation is a Ps4 all the way... (At least in my case)

Nothing more to say... that graphic already said enough.

Seriously, i'll enjoy the few multiplayer games MS has later. I want to experience the culture Sony and Nintendo bring first next gen. If I get an Xbone, i'll do it later.

Are you assuming this gen sets the tone for next gen? If so, assume the culture Sony will bring is... no games for the first 24 months.