By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid compilation for PS2

$30.00 that's really cheap.

Somehow i doubt it will sell for $30 in the UK. More than $40/£20 will be taking the piss.

Around the Network

If it comes to the EU , than count me in ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

OK,

- I already have the 3 games so I m not interesed in the offer

- Twin Snake is not as good as the original game on the PSX

Ofc, the gfx were improved but many of the cinematics were changed into matrix cinematics : some are good, some are bad.
I mean, just look the "missile riding" when Snake is fighting the "Hind+LiquidSnake" ... so poor ...
And the new voice of GreyFox sucks ...

Whatever, both are great game but I suppose the Kojima cinematics version (PSX game) are better because the man avoid to put too much poor "matrix" effect.

EDIT : just have check more TS cinematics on youtube:

Solid Snake vs Liquid fight : it is like Mission Impossible II = too bad
Snake vs Hind D : SO LAMEEEEEEEEEEE, missile riding, lol
snake vs Ninja : not too bad
ninja vs MG Rex : not too bad 

(u can use the "Matrix effect" with the robotic Ninja because  it is a robotic Ninja ....)

Time to Work !

Hopefully, Metal Gear Solid 1 will be on a DVD, and not a PS1 disc. I already own the PS1 version, and that disc is looking shabby!

i might end up getting just for the first one because i dont own it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Perhaps they will release this for the Wii later, it seems almost a waste to put it on a console with no Backwards Compatible successor.j

And to all of those who insist Twin Snakes is worse than the original because of the cut scenes, please eat glass shards. I mean seriously, put the violin down already. I'll never understand how people can complain about Twin Snakes but be perfectly content with the fact that MGS2 is complete and utter shit, I mean you'll complain about Snake riding a missle (which he didn't, he just jumped off it) but you're fine with a gay vampire, a fat guy on roler blades and Raiden as a Snake replacement? Oh yes! Twin Snakes is so out of place with the other MGS games, I mean, the electrical super man Volgan, a ghost soldier, a sniper whose body had fused with moss allowing him photosynthetic powers and some guy who can control bees in MGS3 is perfectly fine, but god forbid Snake ride a fucking missle! Oh no, Snake is outrunning a Gattling Gun in Twin Snakes, if only he were fighting a guy who walks on water and magically controls knives then it would be more believable.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1: Stop making shooters. Please. You're not Valve or Free Radical.
2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.
3: Try something weird and new, and hope we like it.

You'll cut costs way more than you cut revenue, and thus increase profit.