mk ds 18 9.94%

mk wii 32 17.68%

mk 3ds 19 10.50%

mortal kombat 8 4.42%

Total:181

Hahaha, that's a good one!

Wait... You're not serious are you?

Around the Network

Power sliding was perfect in mk64 imo. I dislike the way they changed it. Also I could not stand the wii version due largely to the over powered items. The items have gotten more and more op, lessening the importance of being 'good' at driving.

Double dash is a great game, but it's second to mk64 in my book. Btw I've owned all the console mk's.

MDMAlliance said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
MDMAlliance said:

From a gamers point of view, if they took out items like the bullet bill, blue shell, and lightning bolt... the game could be much better.  However, Nintendo would not do this.  The reason they even have all these items that make it less about racing and more about items is because anyone can use items and Nintendo wants to market this game to as many people as possible.  Casuals wouldn't play as much if they kept on getting last every single time.

Taking out items would not make the game better, only change what it's all about. As you even said, it's designed so that anyone has a chance of winning any given race. This not only makes the game very appealing to a broad range of people, but it's also why the series is so addicting, as every race is unpredictable, making each contest uber exciting.

Bold part.

I'm not really sure what that means. Not all gamers even have the same views.

mtu9356 said:
Power sliding was perfect in mk64 imo. I dislike the way they changed it. Also I could not stand the wii version due largely to the over powered items. The items have gotten more and more op, lessening the importance of being 'good' at driving.

Double dash is a great game, but it's second to mk64 in my book. Btw I've owned all the console mk's.

You should try MK7! Items have been balanced greatly since Wii.

Einsam_Delphin said:
MDMAlliance said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Taking out items would not make the game better, only change what it's all about. As you even said, it's designed so that anyone has a chance of winning any given race. This not only makes the game very appealing to a broad range of people, but it's also why the series is so addicting, as every race is unpredictable, making each contest uber exciting.

Bold part.

It means that making the game based less on luck and items and more on the actual competition is more appealing to a person who's a gamer like myself.  It wasn't an all inclusive/exclusive statement.  I was speaking as a representative of gamers who want to win because of their skill.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
mtu9356 said:

I don't have a 3DS but I would like to try it.

To me the franchise has gone in a direction i'd rather it had not.  I've got no problem with the graphics and additional gameplay features they've added but I just don't how drifting has changed.  MK was always supposed to be a casual game, but the way they made chance increasingly important and skill decreasingly important is a huge turn off to me as a core gamer.

MDMAlliance said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
MDMAlliance said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Bold part.

It means that making the game based less on luck and items and more on the actual competition is more appealing to a person who's a gamer like myself.  It wasn't an all inclusive/exclusive statement.  I was speaking as a representative of gamers who want to win because of their skill.

Ah I see. Well luckily for those types of gamers, Mario Kart isn't the only racing game out there, so if it's not their cup of tea, they can likely find a game that is. Gran Turismo, Need For Speed, Forza, etc.

mtu9356 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
mtu9356 said:

I don't have a 3DS but I would like to try it.

To me the franchise has gone in a direction i'd rather it had not.  I've got no problem with the graphics and additional gameplay features they've added but I just don't how drifting has changed.  MK was always supposed to be a casual game, but the way they made chance increasingly important and skill decreasingly important is a huge turn off to me as a core gamer.

What direction is it going in exactly? Mario Kart has always had items in it. They were a bit too overpowered in the Wii version sure, but that's just one game in the series, and the new ones aren't following MKWii's item line-up. Plus overall throughout the series, good players win more often than not, yep even in MKWii, so good driving is still more important than items. Also, what's wrong with the drifting?

I don't know, I kinda like Wii a little better. Mario Kart Wii felt overall more like Mario Kart 64, as you can take short cuts and glitches a lot easier then you can in Mario Kart Double Dash.

I do however think Mario Kart DD was a very well made game, probably my second favorite. but tbh, I think Mario Kart 8 will soon be my favorite :D

Einsam_Delphin said:
lolz, I'd really like to hear the reasoning behind this one, assuming there even is any. :L
Regardless if that's true or not (I can definitely say it isn't with MK7), that alone wouldn't/doesn't make it better than newer MKs.
No it isn't, not when there are facts that can prove one MK game is overall better than another.

Why are you so difficult to have a discussion with? You think your way is the only way. I've noticed that with many of your posts, including the long conversation I had with you in the Wii U price cut thread. Other people are aloud to have opinions of their own and if you disagree that's all cool but to say some of the things you say...just letting you know.

wick said:

I'm not your friend.

This post was appropriate given the know it all mentality.