By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1 info galore: AMA with dev, kinect cost, clock speed romur, console sound and more

ethomaz said:

Kinect One costs close to $150 for sure... MS is not giving Kinect One SDK for free... at least the SDK pays the manufacture costs of the 2x Kinect One.

And there are more bull into this AMA this one is just the biggest one lol

Look, for some odd reason you think companies actualy make money lending (yes, lending, not selling) devkits to developers. If you are happy with that notion, so be it. Just don't try to correct other people (who know better than you).

Around the Network

drkohler said:

Look, for some odd reason you think companies actualy make money lending (yes, lending, not selling) devkits to developers. If you are happy with that notion, so be it. Just don't try to correct other people (who know better than you).

You are trying correct me without any proof... I just showed facts... it's not my opinion... you are just guessing... MS is selling 2x Kinect One + SDK at $399... that's a fact... not guessing.

But when the Kinect One for PC launched for less than $300 you can came here and give me the proper apologizes

well alpha kits are good for nothing after release... so yeah those are pretty much given for free.... the SDK in that case is probably given for free... I think the final product (Kinect 2 alone) cost them right now between 200 and 300 bucks.... and they sell it virtually at 150-200 bucks with the XB bundle or the SDK... so I don't think they sell at loss since the XB1 hardware should cost them about the same (between 200 and 300).... which put us with a Xbox 1 Kinect SKU at between 400 to 600 hundred so yeah at 499 they probably break even make a little profit or a little loss...

there is no way it can cost under 150 right now unless they got a really good deal with chips manufacturer in which case they have signed up for so many that you won't see a Kinect less bundle before Kinect 5 is out.... lol

and there is no way XB1 cost them over 300 to make...

so what that guy says makes perfect sense....

@ethomaz
what other BS have you seen??? some of it is pretty sketchy but nothing seems out there to me...