By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 in 1080p

Beautiful looking game, I want it so bad :c

Around the Network
attaboy said:
I watched the e-Shop E3 videos on my Wii U a while ago. Many of the games that didn't impress me on youtube looked absolutely stunning on the TV. This goes for Super Mario 3D World, too. When the demo kiosks start showcasing this power, hopefully the Wii U will pick up steam.

Glad someone else shares this opinion. Pikmin, W101, Tropical Freeze, MK8, X... they all looked stunning.

I almost made a thread telling everyone with a WiiU to check out how gorgeous the E3 trailers look on your TV via the eShop, but alas, they've taken most of them away as far as I can tell. >:(

Viper1 said:
NintendoPie said:
Viper1 said:

That's what I was wondering.    Pikmin games would feel weird with full voice acting and I can't think of any Nintendo games that share an interface between IP's.

I can understand the fake silly voice bit but exactly what interface are you talking about, Pezus?

He could've possibly made the connection because most of Nintendo's interfaces seem "quirky" or "cute." 

I suppose that's possible.  But I hope he's not expecting a Pikmin game to have blood, gore, skulls and crossbones in the interface just so it doesn't have the same quirky and cute styled interface as other Nintendo games.

I also share his opinion. I was impressed by the first Pikmin, and I'm still impressed by this one; but for me there's also something wrong about the menus.

Ex Graphics Whore.

People find the weirdest things to complain about. For months its Wii U doesnt have good graphics, show a game with good graphics and it changes to "I don't like the interface" LOL the lengths some people go to in order to hate

Everyone talking about the interface is forgetting the obvious.

Pikmin, like a LOT of Nintendo's franchises, was created by Shigeru Miyamoto. They share certain qualities in common because they were all created by the same man.

You wouldn't find it odd that Journey shares similarities with Flower, or The Last of Us with Uncharted, or Portal with Half-Life. Why wonder about the shared ideas between Pikmin and The Legend of Zelda?

Around the Network
pezus said:

The menus, I mean. 

Off-topic: Fuck these ads here

I just don't see it. But, I guess it takes something special. ;P

The screenshots of this game in miiverse looks great!. Its only out in japan so, you have to go to the japan category of games to see the community

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Fuck this looks amazing. Graphics are phenomenal as well. Can't wait to get this.

It does look awesome, and that's from someone never before interested in the franchise.

It's really beautiful.

It may not have the sharpest textures or the highest polygon count ever seen, but the quirky art style is a pleasure to look at.