By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mistakes a console companies tend to make

@dgm6780
GTA is not published by Capcom. It is developed by Rockstar and published by Take Two.
Also, to me, switching discs isn't a big deal, as long as I can play the game, it doesn't matter. Plus, I'm used to disc swapping. I only had a GameCube.

Around the Network
That Guy said:

16. Being Evil (Microsoft)

17. Using your evilness to muscle yourself into another market (Microsoft, Sony PS3/Blu-Ray)

18. No online support (Gamecube)

hehe...no comment about 16 and 17...i don't really want to dissapear without a trace.

18 tho is a valid point.

How about

lack of or inferior online support - gamecube, Wii (not that its hurting wii in any way) 

^Wii's online just hasn't been used a lot but that is changing with the launch of Brawl and MK

wiiforever said:
^Wii's online just hasn't been used a lot but that is changing with the launch of Brawl and MK

I play Mario Strikers online on the wii 3 times a week alteast. I know its online...but its seriously lacking compared to PSN and not even on the same planet as xbox live.

Here is another...

Not including or making a vital piece of hardware for the console - Xbox 360 base(no hard drive or memory card), Wii (hard drive), Saturn (4 meg expansion cart), PS3 40GB (backwards compatibility), Sega CD (no new graphix chip - same color and resolution as genesis)

what about relying to much on past success/brand loyalty? PS3 and N64(not sure about that one)

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

19. Being Crappy/Not a Good Idea to Begin With (N-Gage/Panasonic CD-i)

That Guy said:
19. Being Crappy/Not a Good Idea to Begin With (N-Gage/Panasonic CD-i)

I didn't know there was a "panasonic" CD-i. The phillips one is on our list... good call about ngage...forgot about that one.  I think we can fill a lot of categories with ngage:

Lack of games, price too high, bad idea to begin with, no 3rd party support...  

1. XBox 360 and Apple Pippin should be added to the list as being an overpriced launch console. Apple Pippin failed miserably less than 1 million console sales. I think Pippin was named after the basketball player Scotty Pippin. 360 only 5 million in first year sales.

my ps1 and my ps2 still works.. my ps1 being from when it launched in europe.... Pretty reliable i would say.

Check out my game about moles ^

ikilledkenny said:

@dgm6780
GTA is not published by Capcom. It is developed by Rockstar and published by Take Two.
Also, to me, switching discs isn't a big deal, as long as I can play the game, it doesn't matter. Plus, I'm used to disc swapping. I only had a GameCube.

Actually Capcom published GTAIII and GTA:VC in Japan

on topic:

9. Allowing only 3-5 games per company per year - Nintendo - what system?

That was actually a good move by Nintendo, they were succesful in avoiding a video game crash like the one in 1983.