By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces Pikmin 3 Hands-On experience

Einsam_Delphin said:
hsrob said:
This is a game that could really do with a downloadable demo. It's something that has to be played to 'get' and Nintendo currently has 3.5 million WiiU owners that haven't seen a major retail release for months and are just looking for an excuse to part with their cash. Give them a demo and they'll have one.

So you're saying the game has to be played to get an understanding of it? All the more reason for retail events then, as I bet most current Wii U owners are already well aware of what Pikmin is all about, since the majority of them are likely Nintendo fans. Just look at NSMBU's attach rate. Also demos are free, and if they live in NA, they can still go to gamestop/ebgames.

I totally agree, I'm not against the retail events at all, they are an excellent way to pitch to those who don't yet own the system.  Don't forget though that the retail events are NA only.

My point is that with a downloadable demo Nintendo has an opportunity, that they haven't had in generations past,  to expose franchises like Pikmin to a potentially wider audience, which for my mind it totally deserves.  Give people a chance to play the game and I think it will sell itself.

Around the Network
painmaster212 said:
Only reason someone should be buying digital is if the price of the download is cheaper then the physical copy and in this case (and 99% cases on any console) it is not so why not just run out to the store or order online and get yourself something you never have to worry about losing?

Except those of us who like to take advantage of the digital deluxe promotion. Or the ease of playing games without switching discs. 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=621731&page=1

Wow, Neogaf is pissy...about Nintendo trying to market the game to more than the current WiiU owners. Wut?

Better than TV ads!

hsrob said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
hsrob said:
This is a game that could really do with a downloadable demo. It's something that has to be played to 'get' and Nintendo currently has 3.5 million WiiU owners that haven't seen a major retail release for months and are just looking for an excuse to part with their cash. Give them a demo and they'll have one.

So you're saying the game has to be played to get an understanding of it? All the more reason for retail events then, as I bet most current Wii U owners are already well aware of what Pikmin is all about, since the majority of them are likely Nintendo fans. Just look at NSMBU's attach rate. Also demos are free, and if they live in NA, they can still go to gamestop/ebgames.

I totally agree, I'm not against the retail events at all, they are an excellent way to pitch to those who don't yet own the system.  Don't forget though that the retail events are NA only.

My point is that with a downloadable demo Nintendo has an opportunity, that they haven't had in generations past,  to expose franchises like Pikmin to a potentially wider audience, which for my mind it totally deserves.  Give people a chance to play the game and I think it will sell itself.

Very true (although that's also what Nintendo Directs are for), however they need to get an audience first. Games can't sell if the consoles don't, so right now they needa focus their resources on moving Wii Us. Also, does Europe have Gamestop/Ebgames, or any big continent wide electronics stores? If not then that would explain why these events have only been in NA thus far.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
Better than TV ads!

Yeah, but they should still have some near a game's release.

I hope nintendo keeps this trend up. It's a good opportunity to strengthen the community.

Nintendo should've put out a demo already, considering that this game should've been out months ago.

At least Ubisoft was nice enough to throw Wii U owners a bone with the Rayman Legends demo after the game got pushed back to September.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

chriscox1121 said:
I hope nintendo keeps this trend up. It's a good opportunity to strengthen the community.

Indeeds, and I think they will! At the E3 event, they had said this was gonna be their new thing, however I didn't think that meant more than just E3 events! During the Pikmin 3 event, I'ma try and see if I can get the rep to spill some beans on the next hands-on experience!

NightDragon83 said:
Nintendo should've put out a demo already, considering that this game should've been out months ago.

At least Ubisoft was nice enough to throw Wii U owners a bone with the Rayman Legends demo after the game got pushed back to September.

Ubisoft delayed the game to put it on other systems, whereas Nintendo delayed Pikmin 3 because it wasn't finished yet. Who's really the nice one here.