By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is the Xbox 360 doing bad in other countries because it's American made?

madskillz said:
The 360 isn't selling in Others because it's never had a real price cut. Plus, shooters aren't very big overseas, and sports games like NFL and basketball aren't huge.

Give it a price cut and you'll see more sales.

Wait wait. Your calling people tools, yet your claiming that the 360 isnt selling because it hasn't had a price cut. HAHAHA. Ok, so Europeans dont buy cheaper consoles unless they have a price cut first?

Right 360s are cheaper as is, but Europeans dont care about prices, only that you cut the price.

1. Its made by Microsoft

2. Its not a playstation.

3. Its still expensive, just less expensive than the PS3.

4. All its games appeal to the same exact people.

5. Every third person you see with a 360 will have it break.

The 360 will continue to slump outside of the US and by years end it will have less than 15% of the console sales weekly. Nothing short of a HUUUUUGE price cut will help it. Maybe at half its current price it will stop its downward slide.

Around the Network

The 360 isn't American made.  It's made in Malaysia, I think.  Microsoft outsourced the manufacture and most of the support outside of America.  You can occationally get US-based support from MS also, but they like outsourcing away from America a lot.

The 360 is giving the 'designed in America' idea a lot bad press because of the reliability issues due to QA during the design process.

Jandre002 said:
madskillz said:
The 360 isn't selling in Others because it's never had a real price cut. Plus, shooters aren't very big overseas, and sports games like NFL and basketball aren't huge.

Give it a price cut and you'll see more sales.

Wait wait. Your calling people tools, yet your claiming that the 360 isnt selling because it hasn't had a price cut. HAHAHA. Ok, so Europeans dont buy cheaper consoles unless they have a price cut first?

Right 360s are cheaper as is, but Europeans dont care about prices, only that you cut the price.

1. Its made by Microsoft

2. Its not a playstation.

3. Its still expensive, just less expensive than the PS3.

4. All its games appeal to the same exact people.

5. Every third person you see with a 360 will have it break.

The 360 will continue to slump outside of the US and by years end it will have less than 15% of the console sales weekly. Nothing short of a HUUUUUGE price cut will help it. Maybe at half its current price it will stop its downward slide.

It's not selling because it hasn't had a price cut. Do you realize what sales would look like if it was priced much lower than a PS3 - really, on par or lower than the Wii? I was calling the clown who made the troll statement a tool.

I have a PS3 - two for that matter - and for the life of me ask myself why someone would pay $1000 for the console and it offers a somewhat limited gaming experience. And then, to think folks would buy it because they owned a PS2 is about as funny as a 600-lb woman in a thong and pasties on her breasts.

In all seriousness, the 360 was kind of thrown at the Others market with very little marketing and the like. There aren't any games that hit there first like in Japan, and MS isn't courting them, tempting them with a real price cut. That will change. Why hasn't it? MS doesn't consider Sony a real threat in the area - if they did, they'd plaster marketing all over the place.

Sure, a lot of the 360's top games tend to be shooters, but other games/genres are picking up steam. Folks are predicting a fast ascent for the PS3, but I honestly don't see it happening. What I do see happening is ... excuses from PS3 worshippers who declare victory and their console is 7M units behind - 7 million units.

madskillz said:
X-Man said:
Because of the RROD, and lack of future potential.

Wow ... what a wealth of information you have to add to this convo ... what a tool ...

OT - My sis stayed in Russia and France and said no one owns weapons over there. Here in the U.S., I know several folks with weapons. We have a lot of access to weapons - legal and illegal. If you have $20 and know the right place to go, you can get a weapon.

The right to bear arms is a powerful testament to who we are as a nation. Then, it's no secret that shooting games are the choice of most U.S. gamers. Do I think it's a great idea? No ... look at the workplace shootings and such. Stabbings are one thing - getting blasted at work is something else.

The 360 is trying to move away from being a hardcore console to being a console for the masses. Viva Pinata, Scene It! and Party Animals, as well as more RPGs are attempts to shed the shooter image. Is it working? I dunno ... but MS isn't really concerned at the moment. 

You're a sensitive little fanboy aren't you?

1. You must be blind if you think the RROD doesn't affect sales.

2. The lack of appealing exclusives in 08 doesn't help either.

It's just common sense, nothing to cry about.

Why does the 360 sell well in the UK, it is advertised, I saw quite a few adverts around the holidays, and the best one was Uncharted, because it showed stuff to do with the game play. Halo 3 ads showed a battle involving miniatures (like Warhammer etc), the 360 one showed the console being droped by baloon, and then people plugging it into the TV and playing together. the PS3 ads just made no sense whatsoever. In the UK at least, all the multiplatform games are endorsed by Sony, so there is the this is living screen at the end.
I think games like Uncharted, Ratchet and HS helped Europe hardware, because what does the 360 have which is action adventure apart from AC, which did very well.
Personally, I think that sony brand has a massive impact, and microsoft is getting quite a bad reputation at the moment with the RRD issues and the Vista problems.

Around the Network
foecheezee1 said:

Yeah you can't deny that the Wii and PS3 are great machines, but in the same respect you can't deny (if you've given the 360 a try anyway) that the 360 is an equally impressive machine.

I have all three systems and they all have something I look for in games. It's a shame if gamers are staying away because of where it's from. I, personally, don't pay attention to where anything is from before I buy it. Whether it be anything from underwear to cars.

Just wanted you guy's honest opinions.

How so?

foecheezee1 said:

Yeah you can't deny that the Wii and PS3 are great machines, but in the same respect you can't deny (if you've given the 360 a try anyway) that the 360 is an equally impressive machine.

I have all three systems and they all have something I look for in games. It's a shame if gamers are staying away because of where it's from.

I thought it was made in China... ...So it could be a commercial retaliation against some unfair chinese competition  

Jokes apart, well, I'll tell you a secret: in Europe most people are filoamerican, only they don't want to admit it because sometimes american attitudes diverge from ours in ways that irritate us. Heck, even the chief of the former italian commie party (now called democrat party just to muddy the waters and confuse the minds) likes to dub himself as a "kennedian".  And how about France? You can hardly think they're a bunch of chauvinist when you listen at the radio a myriad of french bands imitating american 50's rock'n'roll... What a shame that having the accent always on the last syllable French makes an awful rock. Quite good for ska, anyway.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

@The Big fat J  Yeah you're probably right but the fact is it's made by MS, so in the eyes of the average person its American made. 

Price is the most important thing, I don't see how this can be disputed.  The only way this wouldn't be is if the Xbox360 was at $50 in Japan, because even then it still wouldn't sell there! lol  I would like to put "j/k" at the end of this statement, but sadly it's true....

not really...I thought ppl in foreign countries were quite fond of American made products

Could it be because every one talks English On Xbox Live I Mean its big in all English speaking Countries