By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 owners, tell me why you are not buying the PS4 next gen? It does not matter what combination of gaming platforms you play with the most.

Playing the wait and see approach right now. Though if it remains true that you can still play used/rented games on the system and if it turns out that other publishers won't also put restriction on their games, I may eventually jump in.

Still, with my computer, I'm rarely on my PS3 as it is already and I don't have to fight anybody for the TV. It was difficult for me when I plugged in my PS3 to my computer monitor. I'm wondering if it's the resolution (1920x1080 PC games vs 1280x720 or less PS3 games) because I managed just fine playing Arkham Asylum/City on PC with a controller sitting in my chair, but playing Killzone 2 and FFXIII at the same distance from the monitor didn't sit well with my eyes and gave me a little motion sickness.

Around the Network
akuseru said:

I will not buy the PS4 next gen. Reason being that Sony simply refuse to end their support for the PS3 and keep on throwing awesome games at me month after month, year after year. Therefore I simply see no reason for me to upgrade.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I will buy a PS4!

Actually this is exactly why I'm not getting a PS4 at launch. My Ps3 broke a while ago (I got it used off a friend for cheap, I don't know who to blame for it breaking). I've been holding off replacing my PS3 because I knew PS4 was just arround the corner, and I assumed it would be BC like the PS2/3 were. It's not, so this fall (after I beat most of my 360/Wii games), I'm going to get a PS3 and play all the exclusives I missed in the last 4 years.

I figure I'll buy a Wii U in 2014 when X releases, and I'll buy a PS4 in 2015.

No offense to Loyal Sony fans, but every time I buy a 1st gen Sony/Ms console, it breaks (Sony lasts 5 years normally, but still). I want a PS4 Slim, something more reliable.

--

Lol at this thread! "PS3 owners, Why Aren't you getting a PS4?" - I am - I am, just not right away, PS3 is keeping me busy.... LOL

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I hope to buy it,within a year after it comes out,but I have other stuff 2 take care of first. I mean in a finacial sense.