By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you could exchange some series in the big 3, would you?

I would exchange Killzone for Crackdown

I would still get to play both, since I always end up with all systems at some point, but Microsoft could turn Killzone into a bigger, better franchise, and Sony could do the same with Crackdown.

Imagine a Killzone developed by 343, and a Crackdown developed by Sucker Punch. Sounds awesome to me

Around the Network

Interesting thread with lots of very interesting replies. Good job, guys.

Nintendo:
The Resistance series from Sony goes to Retro. It has nifty weapons and a dark atmosphere. Would be interesting. It might be a lower tier shooter on Playstation but on a Nintendo system it would be unique.

Microsoft:
The Kirby series from Nintendo goes to Rare. That means Kinect, probably, but it might turn out fun.

Sony:
The Fable series from Microsoft goes to Naughty Dog. I think they could turn it into something special.

Actually no. I would exchange GT because I don't like racing games for a platformer but it's Sony's biggest system seller and bigger install base=more games and the games that are good being more successful to get sequels so I want PS to do well. Dunno if I would risk selling GT unless it was for Halo or Zelda which wouldn't happen.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
Actually no. I would exchange GT because I don't like racing games for a platformer but it's Sony's biggest system seller and bigger install base=more games and the games that are good being more successful to get sequels so I want PS to do well. Dunno if I would risk selling GT unless it was for Halo or Zelda which wouldn't happen.

None of these will likely ever happen but it's about what would you do if given the option.

OT: Very interesting ideas so far. Thinking about it, Metroid would probably be better off with Microsoft but I don't know what I'd give Nibtendo in return. Maybe Perfect Dark?

Naughty Dog would probably do something cool with Star Fox, Kid Icarus, or Star Tropics. In return for one of them Nintendo gets InFamous.

osed125 said:

Nintendo flies for bankruptcy and Sony gets all of them. 

lol... realistically speaking the opposite is more likely. But they are apparantly recovering as the PS4 becomes the console of choice.

Remember Nintendo still has the highest selling console atm, the 3DS. I find it funny how blind some people can be about Nintendo.

Its gonna file bankrupcy with 8 billion in the bank and a sucessful portable system. Its gonna happen i tell you! herp derp!

Around the Network

I would exchange the names, not game, of GT and Forza. Because I firmly believe at this point the name is the biggest selling point of the IP.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Sony gets Super Smash Bros. Nintendo gets Playstation All Stars.

I don't mean the characters, just the gameplay. Playstation All Stars is fun at first but it's got some ridiculous balance with some ridiculous match ups. I like Sony characters better, but Smash Bros is the better and more fun game.  Playstation All Stars was also buggy as all hell, as even Bethesda's open world titles had less bugs.  Superbot is a garbage developer, hand picked best of the best.  That's a load of horseshit.  Glad that Sony booted their asses. 

microsoft giving nintendo banjo, conker, killer instinct and jet force gemini in exchange for money.

Well, this is tricky because if Nintendo game away some IPs it would lose a lot of characters from Smash Bros. and Mario Kart, two of its best series.

OK, how about this...

1) Star Fox to Microsoft, with the understanding that the series will be developed by Yukio Futatsugi.
2) In exchange, Banjo-Kazooie to Nintendo EAD.
3) Ratchet & Clank to Retro Studios.
4) In exchange, F-Zero goes to a resurrected Sony Liverpool.

Nintendo: Excitebike to Evolution (though weren't they shut down?) Hotel Dusk to Remedy

Sony: Killzone to 343 Industries, Gravity Rush to Sora Ltd.

Microsoft: Banjo Kazooie to Retro Studios, Blue Dragon to Sony Japan

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.