By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Surface prices to tumble by $150

VG247

If you’ve been thinking about some sort of new, low-powered PC – and right now, who isn’t – you may want to hold off a bit; Microsoft is due to slash the price of its Surface tablets, which can run an increasing number of PC games. News of the imminent price cuts first came from anonymous sources speaking to The Verge, but was later confirmed by Staples. The new prices range from $350 for a 32GB Surface RT to $550 for 64GB model with Touch Cover, and come into effect on July 14.

Thanks, Gamespot.

Around the Network

Figures a price cut would happen when I'm considering selling my Microsoft Surface :/

Finally i decent price. The high prices really put me off and now its finally competitive.

Allready bought a Ipad 4 though.....wont get a second just for Spartan Assault. Will just play it off my gf's Windows 8 PC.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This is really competitive price. If i was in market for tablet i would seriously consider this.

Wow, did this device flop or what? Just like I perdicted.

I've personally never seen one of these in the wild or even advertized here in Sweden. Marketshare must be dismal.

Around the Network

Still not worth it. The Windows Store has no good apps on it. Not even an official Facebook app.
With tablets, its all about the apps. Even Android tablets are still lagging in that deparment.

iPad really is the best option for someone looking for the best there is. iPad Mini if you're on a budget.

The surface is a really interesting device. I picked on up a few weeks ago, but returned it because the netflix and youtube quality was horrid.

For such low res tech, the surface actually have a very nice screen when looking at web pages, the background OS and word docs, but the movies and multimedia it just didn't stack up. The touchpad and build quality was surprisingly good too.

I would love the pick on up in the future when MS bumps the resolution up to 1080p.

For now, I am fine with my Xperia Z Tablet, although the screen suffers massively from reflections. 

Damn, I haven't been following its sales, but a drop of that much doesn't sound great.

Slimebeast said:
Wow, did this device flop or what? Just like I perdicted.

I've personally never seen one of these in the wild or even advertized here in Sweden. Marketshare must be dismal.

Desperation.

VGKing said:
Still not worth it. The Windows Store has no good apps on it. Not even an official Facebook app.
With tablets, its all about the apps. Even Android tablets are still lagging in that deparment.

iPad really is the best option for someone looking for the best there is. iPad Mini if you're on a budget.

Out of curiosity, besides games(where IOS has a clear advantage over Android) what apps can you get on an iPad that are unavailable on Android?