By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft working with the NSA?

yum123 said:
who gives a shit. do you really think the nsa are going to post up video of you dicking around in lounge on the internet. thew whole point is to catch criminals. and they only ask for vids of people labelled as suspicious. they wouldnt have time to look at random info

What we count as "suspicious" is very different to what they see as "suspicious". Currently, it is "terrorists" who only fight as they want America to go away from their homeland and leave them be. But, in future any political opponents of the administration could be treated as "suspicious". I mean with an organisation of such a large size, it is certainly possible to create a dictatorship with very limited rights for it's citizens. We must stop this evil before it gets out of hand. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

well then it's not MS you have to fight but the govs of most major countries....

but please do not compare any current western gov to fascism.... you have absolutely no clue what fascism is (me neither) but my grandpa got deported during WWII and he would be laughing his ass off hearing that or maybe bitch slap anybody comparing current state agency to the horror of real fascism....

and what you speak off is nothing new, political abuse of power to control opposition has been in place since the roman empire and way before..... it's just human nature it has nothing to do with fascism.... they are not going to star rounding up people in camp and gazing them just for saying Obama is an Ahole....
the game hasn't changed it's just the means....

and once again corporations have little power in the matter.... cause they are forced by law to comply (all of them) or are coerced by other means to do so with threat of not renewing contracts or not passing bills and laws that will help their business or even passing some that will hurt them...

and that is again nothing new, it has pretty much always been like that since politics exist....

Honestly i think this is BS.
THE REAL REASON:
Because the Kinect came so late, people already had an Xbox and the ones that got a new one got the one without Kinect with it. So alot of Devs didnt want to make Kinect games for a community that really didnt have or use the Kinect.
So now Microsoft is making sure that every XB1 owner has one so Developers know people have them.
But the thing is, how many people are gonna use them. Its not like Kids are gonna get the XB1 right away to play Kinectables: The Mighty Adventure ( IDFK LOL).
All im saying is, i think this plan is gonna back fire, why?? BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT WANT TO GET A $500 CONSOLE WHEN THERES A $400 THAT DOES THE SAME EXACT THING.
its like when a man go's to get Deodorant. He sees AXE, it costs $3.00, then he sees Degree $1.25. they do the same thing but its the brand of which makes AXE cost more. Microsoft is AXE by the way. they think just cause it says XBOX on the box means they can price it higher.

well I actually do and will buy a 500 bucks console with Kinect... if I wasn't against sony I would get a PS4 with move and all the goodies.... the only game I played at friends houses on PS3 beside soccer games.... where move games that disc golf one in particular.... heck I almost caved in and was really close to buy a PS3 just for that mini game on that sport game....

and BTW AXE makes more money and probably sells more product than the generic one so by your standard XB1 is on the idle commercial track....

Around the Network

yeah i kinda noticed M$ hasnt gone after googles privacy policies anymore lately....

im not surprised, im disgusted with the government and companies who kowtow to them.

The funny thing is that articles like this actually do prove people are PARANOID. It has been brought up by many here that it's common sense that the government spies. But where I feel comfortable is that they spy on terrorists or suspected terrorists. I don't have a grain of worry about anything because I'm not one and I doubt the government is wasting their time watching me. They are looking for specific patterns of certain criminal activity. Guess what? I'm sure they don't turn their video footage on to watch me do Just Dance. But hey, if they do I hope they think I'm doing a good job. And finally, all companies including Sony have access to your personal information. So if you really are freaked out about your activities, well, you have one option; become a hermit.

yum123 said:
who gives a shit. do you really think the nsa are going to post up video of you dicking around in lounge on the internet. thew whole point is to catch criminals. and they only ask for vids of people labelled as suspicious. they wouldnt have time to look at random info

Who gives a shit? How about people who actually care about their 4th amendment rights?

I guess you don't care about your rights?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It is no coincidence that very huge us corporations are buying other huge but not so huge corporation like google did with youtube or microsoft with skype= 100%complete sheep control (emails-hotmail,internetphone-skype,search engine-bing,phone-nokia(windows8),smartglass tablett windows8 and pc windows 8 and with the xbox 1 not just cam and micro(biometric data of your entire family,face,voice-pattern,bodyshape,height,how many people live and play) but also your tv habits with xbox tv.
A perfect (mind+control)lifetime prison,(paid by yourself) made by just one single company.

that's no coincidence.

the2real4mafol said:
I knew it! Kinect made it suspicious but the original online requirement made it almost obvious that people would be spied on. But why does the US government find this necessary? The cold war has been over for over 20 years and terrrorism is not anyway near as big a threat as it is stated. I think what makes it worse is they could spy on people throughout the world and not just America. I fear a police state is on the horizon if people don't act now. They are already fascist, so are certainly on their way. And i though America was supposed to be about liberty and all things free to do. What happened?

agenda 21 happenened

Theodor Abel defined the word Democide.

Democide(people being killed by the own goverment) has even passed War as leading cause of non natural death in the 20th century.According to Rummel more than 250  mio people were killed by the own goverment in the last century(there is a nice wikipedia article) but the lemmings are still kissing the boots of the goverments.

Seems some will never learn and believe every stupid excuse they are given by their favourite goverment/corporation and the story will repeat again and again and again.