By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft working with the NSA?

well I said I wouldn't come here again..... but then I read that

http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-sues-us-customs-for-not-enforcing-motorola-phone-ban/

now let see how that shit happens....

google: "hey guys, we have a little favor to ask you"

customes: "oh yeah and what is that??? you know it will gonna cost you???"

google: "yeah yeah, you know that request you ask on that al capon wannabe a few month ago?"

custom: "yeah what about it??"

google:"well if you accept our deal we'll give it to you"

customs: "lets have it"

google:"you see that box of Motorola over there, you just admit that it is fine to go through and we'll give it to you"

customs:"deal" or customs:"what about if you don't give the info I want I'll steamroll your shipment of phones....."

and don't try to turn that into "MS is a patent troll" .... they are actually trying to enforce a lawful decision just like you try to claim your 4th amendment right.... stop being double standard for moment....

but it goes like that either NSA and other gov agencies use legal channels to get what they want and company have to comply.... or the companies are either coerced into doing so or collude with them for commercial reasons...

nothing new here....

but again Kinect as a spying device would be a stupid waste of time and resources when you have better alternatives that pans over more people.... Kinect would be what??? 20 million Americans in 10 years if all of them still use it... most of them lazy gamers or casuals... yeah great spying tool that is lol LMFAO

ok I'm out have fun with that silly debate that was entertaining and informative on how people have no clue and would be terrible intelligence gatherer....

I hope your NSA hires more competent people than the folks around here.... cause they must be pretty inefficient otherwise.... then again if they do then you have absolutely no worries to have... they couldn't find a whale in the middle of a baby pool..... LOL

Around the Network
SxyxS said:
the2real4mafol said:
I knew it! Kinect made it suspicious but the original online requirement made it almost obvious that people would be spied on. But why does the US government find this necessary? The cold war has been over for over 20 years and terrrorism is not anyway near as big a threat as it is stated. I think what makes it worse is they could spy on people throughout the world and not just America. I fear a police state is on the horizon if people don't act now. They are already fascist, so are certainly on their way. And i though America was supposed to be about liberty and all things free to do. What happened?

agenda 21 happenened

Theodor Abel defined the word Democide.

Democide(people being killed by the own goverment) has even passed War as leading cause of non natural death in the 20th century.According to Rummel more than 250  mio people were killed by the own goverment in the last century(there is a nice wikipedia article) but the lemmings are still kissing the boots of the goverments.

Seems some will never learn and believe every stupid excuse they are given by their favourite goverment/corporation and the story will repeat again and again and again.

Would it stilll be called democide in a country with a dictatorship? Like Syria's government has killed 10's of thousands over the view years but it is still a dictatorship. I know this is a daft question but just wondering as i have never heard of the word. 

But that number killed by the state is pretty crazy and to think how many were killed in the Soviet Union and China alone. Does that number include every war that happened in the 20th century? 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

ArnoldRimmer said:
the2real4mafol said:
yum123 said:
who gives a shit. do you really think the nsa are going to post up video of you dicking around in lounge on the internet. thew whole point is to catch criminals. and they only ask for vids of people labelled as suspicious. they wouldnt have time to look at random info

What we count as "suspicious" is very different to what they see as "suspicious". Currently, it is "terrorists" who only fight as they want America to go away from their homeland and leave them be. But, in future any political opponents of the administration could be treated as "suspicious".

No need to wait for the future. Just think of some of the VIPs that already made it to the american "no-fly list": Nelson Mandela, indian movie star Shah Rukh Khan, famous singer/songwriter Cat Stevens...

That no-fly list is maintained by the "Terrorist Screening Center", so the people on that list are considered kinds of terrorists. This list has just about 10.000 names, and thus contains just the people the US considers extremely dangerous. The number of people that PRISM considers as targets and watches their every step is already ten times larger, about 100.000, and the complete "terrorist" watch list is even another 10 times larger than this. One million terrorists - makes one wonder what kinds of terrorist acts all these people actually commited.

And the real terrorists are themselves, the US government and it's institutions. They got away with flattening Korea in the Korean War, Agent orange and Napalm in Vietnam, Overthrowing democratically elected governments such as Iran's in 1953 and Chile's in 1973 and many others. Collectively destroying Afghanistan with the Soviets for over 30 years (since 1979) starting with the Soviet-Afghan war leading up to the current war. Destabilising Iraq on the false claims of having WMD's, which has nothing to do with America anyway. Using IMF and WTO to force developing countries to open up their economies when they were not ready. Funding the Israeli war machine since the very beginning, when peace should have been established between Israel and Palestine years ago. Drones killing innocent people in Pakistan every day and now spying of everyone with internet access.

I could go on all day, but people say the Taliban are bad but at least they don't fuck the world up like America has. The sooner America declines the better, maybe they can sort themselves out then at home. Also, it's time that these individual countries develop in a way that is best for them. It's time America sorted out it's domestic problems rather than focus on everyone else. It's time to work together to sort out our global problems rather than focus on our individual interests. Also, work for peace over war.

Sorry, for the Anti-American (establishment not people) speech but it just bothers me that certain groups are considered terrorists like Nelson Mandela and the IRA was and yet the governments out there are not considered terrorists despite starting wars, backing certain groups and funding coups. Like Osama Bin Laden was actually an ally of America in the 1980's as he fought against the communists but since 2000 until his death was apparently a terrorist. Makes no sense to me, just hipocrites really.   

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

that's a load of crap.... if USA falls it's the entire western world that goes to shit.... what you are describing is what every single dominating civilization has been going through since for ever....

the Taliban are not the bad guys and don't fuck the world.... give them half the power of a nation like the US and you will see if you didn't prefer the terrorist state of the US of A....

war has nothing to do with terrorism.... it's like comparing legal prostitution with rape.... same action not exactly same context and both are looked upon badly..... and peace is a fucking utopia.... you want peace you need to eradicate at least 3 billion people for starter, completely eradicate state boundaries, destroy every fiat currency.... and redistribute natural resources equally which is not gonna happen in our life time unless FALLOUT happens....

it's always easy to point fingers at the jock trying to take a stand against what nobody wants to touch with a 10 foot pole but everybody is happy somebody is doing it.... So yeah they fuck up big time, yeah they abused of their power more than once.... but I would trade any gov of countries they have been at war with since the declaration of independence with any NSA controlled US government.... cause it might not be perfect and suck big time at times but it's nothing close to what shit we'd be in if any of those gov they destroyed had gain more power over the world....

PS: and I am not even American btw.....