By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo boss calls for more hardcore Wii games in 2008

Faxanadu said:
jlauro said:
BengaBenga said:
llewdebkram said:
Garcian Smith said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Pfff... Long time Nintendo fans are the only hardcores that will get a kick out of this. Hardcore gamers demand much more than what the Wii can produce, I'm afraid.

Thank you, O omnipotent pollster with his finger on the pulse of what the REAL hardcore gamers want Riot Of The Blood.

In all seriousness, the only people who think that hardcore gamers somehow universally hate the Wii are fanboys of some other system.

What the hell have all hardcore gamers (nerdy, lonely sad bastards) been playing up until the PS3 and Xbox360 were released then!

You don't understand. Let me enlighten you: once you had a taste of the next-gen you can't go back to inferior graphics. That's why LAIR is such an amazing game. It not only looks gorgeous, it's also very beautiful and the graphics are amazing.

After you played that even the best PS2 game feels like...eh...well wouldn't know, those weren't really games you know.

Limitting your experience to graphics alone is not hardcore. Some people fall under that, but it's not who I would consider hardcore.

i think that was a joke. he pretty much said: it not only looks gorgeous, but also looks gorgeous and looks gorgeous. also, him using Lair as an example says it all. 

Of course it was a joke, I mean, it was BengaBenga who posted it. He seems to be trying to become the new Rol!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

Sorry guys, I will insert sarcasm tags next time. Besides I have Fire Emblem at #1 in my most wanted list, not exactly a graphical powerhouse.

No-one can be the new Rol, I'm still laughing about the RE thread.

I missed that one apparently... can you give me a link?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Riot Of The Blood said:
Pfff... Long time Nintendo fans are the only hardcores that will get a kick out of this. Hardcore gamers demand much more than what the Wii can produce, I'm afraid.

Riot, that's grossly inappropriate.  You have done this multiple times over the last few days.  Do not post flamebait.  This is your warning.  Next time you will be banned.  

This is a good notice for the Wii owners and hardcore gamers, more diversity in Wii is a excellent notice.

Around the Network

man it is funny to think that hardcore gamers were about gameplay and made fun of the eyecandy obsessed casual. It's funny to think how much times have changed.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

naznatips said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

Riot, that's grossly inappropriate. You have done this multiple times over the last few days. Do not post flamebait. This is your warning. Next time you will be banned.

What flamebait? Since when has not having faith in the Wii's ability to become a strong option for hardcore gamers become flaimbait? The Wii isn't just going to magicly get a top-notch online community that can support hardcore multiplayer games. It isn't just going to siege alll 3rd party support, which is vital if the Wii really wants to have a hardcore library worth a damn. It is impossible for the Wii to patch up everything it's lacking all in 08. This is my opinion on this topic, and I have every right to voice that opinion. If having this opinion is flamebait, then there's simply nothing that can be done. For me, this is nothing more than PR spin on Nintendo's part. I see no reason to believe that the Wii can pull off such an impossible task. 

I see nothing wrong with my posts. If it really bother you that much, settle it through a debate, not by threatening to ban me. But, seeing as how having a harsh, somewhat abrasive opinion is "flaimbait," I'll simply carry on with my business and expect a ban in the future. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I've owned almost every console and have played almost every genre in depth. If I hear one more person say I'm not a "hardcore" gamer because I own a Wii, I'm going to shit a basket full of cats.

On a side note, "hardcore" is probably the dumbest and most annoying gaming term I have ever heard. The only people who ever use it are elitists. What makes someone "hardcore" anyways? Playing a game in depth? Then I guess you could be "hardcore" about any game out there if you play it enough. Or maybe it's playing online multiplayer with stat tracking? I guess there were no "hardcore" players before this generation then.

good to see nintendo hasn't forgotten about us

if Nintendo truly meant what they just said, they'd spend 500K on No More Heroes ad.

and since I don't see them on TV, I guess they just like to hear themselves talk. ;)

And No, the biggest complain is the fact they STILL can't produce more than 1million console per week????? and apparently, nor can they produce 1 million copy of a game for its launch week in Japan.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)