By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mexico Takes Over America’s Spot as the World’s Most Obese Developed Country

Mexico also consumes the most sugary drinks: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/health/2011/09/06/mexico-leads-world-in-consumption-sugary-drinks-study-says/

SUGAR is the cause of this obesity epidemic. Also the genetically modified wheat. People say a "calorie is a calorie" but that's not true. If you want to get healthy you have to get rid of sugary foods (fruit is different) and wheat/pasta/rice/TORTILLAS.

Around the Network

America is still getting fatter I guess ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/obesity-rate-us-_n_3480151.html

"The U.S. obesity rate is so far on track to be higher than last year's, according to a new Gallup report.

Right now, the rate in the United States is 27.1 percent; last year, it was 26.2 percent."
"

As a mexican I can say: Finally we're #1 in something, luckily I could help with the statistics (:

I never knew Mexico was developed. :0

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

that because most of them come to work in america and learn its sinful ways.

Around the Network

The #1 reason why people in the west are fat is because the fitness and nutrition industry are doing a SHIT job at fixing the problem. Or maybe they are doing it on purpose, to get repeat business. You are of no use to them if you are lean.

If you go to an average nutritionist, they'll tell you to eat fruits and vegetables and stay low on fats which is utter bullshit. If you go get a membership in your local gym they'll advise you to do 30 mins of cardio 5-6 times a week which is just about the most counter productive thing you can do to loose fat.

I was 200 pounds at the start of this year. I currently weigh 160 pounds. I am not super lean yet, but I am getting there. What saved me? Deadlifts, squats, bench press & pull ups/chin ups. AND a high protein diet, with carbs on workout days and fats on rest days. I never ate a single fruit in 6 months, I never did any cardio or abs workout. And I never got hungry, because I eat a shitload of meat every day.

(Before & after pics coming as soon as I figure out how)

ViktorBKK said:
The #1 reason why people in the west are fat is because the fitness and nutrition industry are doing a SHIT job at fixing the problem. Or maybe they are doing it on purpose, to get repeat business. You are of no use to them if you are lean.

If you go to an average nutritionist, they'll tell you to eat fruits and vegetables and stay low on fats which is utter bullshit. If you go get a membership in your local gym they'll advise you to do 30 mins of cardio 5-6 times a week which is just about the most counter productive thing you can do to loose fat.

I was 200 pounds at the start of this year. I currently weigh 160 pounds. I am not super lean yet, but I am getting there. What saved me? Deadlifts, squats, bench press & pull ups/chin ups. AND a high protein diet, with carbs on workout days and fats on rest days. I never ate a single fruit in 6 months, I never did any cardio or abs workout. And I never got hungry, because I eat a shitload of meat every day.

Good that you lost the weight but I wouldn't consider that an accomplishment for not eating fruit in 6 months.  Fruit has tons of vitamins/nutrients that your body uses to keep healthy.  You just gotta make sure it isn't loaded with pesticides.

ViktorBKK said:

Before & after (obviously)

sethnintendo said:
ViktorBKK said:

Good that you lost the weight but I wouldn't consider that an accomplishment for not eating fruit in 6 months.  Fruit has tons of vitamins/nutrients that your body uses to keep healthy.  You just gotta make sure it isn't loaded with pesticides.

90% of fruit is loaded with fructose, the only exception I can think of right now is apples. Fructose inside your body is turned into sugar. It's the equivalent of eating a chocolate cake. Fruits aren't that high in vitamins either, the reason nutritionists suggest them is for their anti oxidant effects. A much much better anti oxidant is raw onions.

And to get to the point. I don't eat fruit simply because I don't like them, like 95% of  people that are fat. Telling a fat guy to eat fruit doesn't solve anything. He won't eat it.

This is not good news for US; it is bad news for Mexico; and whole humanity in general.

Being fat is a bad thing :(