By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps3 to 10mill first OR 360 to 17mill?

What you guys think?

Around the Network

I think both things happen the same week.

i think PS3 will win this race atleast.

-PS3 has to sell 290k to reach 10 million.

-360 has to sell 240k to reach 17 million.

I'd say it will take at least 2 weeks for both.

If the PS3 manages to sell 145k both weeks it will do it in two.

The 360 will definetly do it in two weeks. With 120k this week and next week.

I'd say the 360 is the more likely of the two.

Edit: (I overlooked DMC4) After taking into consideration the effect this title will have on Japanese hardware for the week. I think It's more then likely both the 360 and PS3 will reach their targets in the same week.

yes , the 360 is more likely to reach it first , but I expect both consoles to just miss the million mark by 10-20k this week (the data we get next week) and after that it's a given ,that both cross it the same week

Around the Network

360 might have a bigger problem. i think. DMC4 sold much better in japan theyll have a boost in hardware... was DMC4 released in USA? this week?

because of how dallinor put it, I'll say 360. Its close both ways but 360 needs 50,000 less.

It will be in 2 weeks for both systems ...

Will be close i think but it all depends on how the PS3 has done in Japan with hardware!

The preliminary data suggests that it sold about 30k more than it did last week so that would put the PS3 at 175k this week (providing that the US numbers are similar to last week) so i think it could be the PS3 getting there first!

PS3 will probably get there first, as it outsells the 360 by twenty to thirty thousand on a daily basis, but with DMC4 in the picture, things will be different, as it may have helped the PS3 move up to sixty thousand this week, which would put it within the same distance of it's goal as 360.