By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many Wii U will be sold this holiday season?

So Wii U is in a tough spot currently but it has alot of room for improvement, here is my breakdown for sales the rest of the year.

By the end of July Wii U will have about 3.5 million units sold (rounding to nearest .5m)

From Aug-Oct is has a some solid exclusives coming in Pikmin 3, Luigi U, W101, Wind Waker and Party U along with some advertising. I think those 3 months combined can push about 1 million units for a total of 4.5 million.

Nov/Dec has 3 big games that are most likely going to sell 5 million or more, those games are DKC Tropical Freeze, Wii Fit U and 3D World. Those games plus some decent holiday deals/bundles like Basic-$199, Deluxe w/extra game-$299 could push alot of units. Im gonna guess about 3 million pushing total sales to 7.5 million by the end of 2013.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

oct~dec - 4,5mil

Click HERE and be happy 

I say 2 million. It's probably not getting a price cut, but it should manage about 2 million sales in 16 weeks. That's around 125,000 a week. I think that's pretty reasonable.

I don't think that 2-3 million is a out-of-reach estimate. More would be certainly welcome, but I'm pretty comfortable guessing in the 2-3m ballpark.

8 million by the end of the year

Around the Network

No more than 3 million.

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

I originally felt comfortable in predicting (back at Wii U launch) that the system would probably sell at least 10 million within it's first year (by Dec. 2013). That was before the drought happened, which I had no way of knowing was GOING to happen. So given that, sadly I have to pull predictions back. I would love to see it somehow hit 10m before 2014, but that'd be pretty huge holiday sales.

40,000 a week so roughly double, slightly more with a price cut

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

In the US I think it will sell comparably to the GameCube in fall 2002

October - 60,000-approx
November - 425,000-approx
December - 600,000- approx

Europe and Japan I'm not sure. I think Mario Kart would've helped more in those markets than the Mario 3D World/DKC combo. My guess would be 2/3rds the US number for Japan and Europe. Japan prefers 2D Mario to 3D Mario, even NSMB2 has outsold Mario 3D Land, and done so in less time.

I think Wii Fit U, like Brain Training on 3DS will not do so well. It's an idea thats time has passed and people are fickle about fitness fads to boot. I wouldn't be shocked actually if Wii Party U does slightly better as it seems to actually use the Game Pad in a lot of different ways.

I think around 3mil for October to December, which will leave the system around the 7mil mark for the beginning of 2014.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.