By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED!!! The Smash Bros. Melee is going to be back on air!!!

Do you feel Nintendo are clueless about today of gaming?

Yes 80 67.23%

No 39 32.77%

Total:119
Otakumegane said:

It's back.

Looks like they worked out a deal.

Well, that was anti-climatic. Seems like people can stop acting like they cared about this now.

Around the Network

"Melee... on the internet?!? For God sakes man, we can't have that!"

~Actual quote overheard at a meeting at Nintendo HQ.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I hope this didn't cripple the schedule :0

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

I don't see any logic in doing this...

I guess.. nintendo has to see blood first before they will come around

The only reason why I chose no was because the people in Nintendo's American subsidiary are the ones whom (is that right? correct me if im wrong) don't get the whole picture with the internet and the broadcasting of an entertainment medium that also requires interaction along with viewing to fully take advantage of said product.

It had always baffled me as to why disclaimers (like public performance, and broadcasting is prohibited) like on every PS and XB disc have that written on there. lets hope they come to their senses since Nintendo have been the more lenient company with this topic.

Around the Network

edit: good on them

Regrettably, we’ve just been informed by Nintendo of America Inc. that we do not have permission to broadcast Super Smash Bros. Melee for Evo 2013. In light of this, we must make the following changes to the schedule.

Telling evo they "Didn't had permission" didn't mean Nintendo blocked or banned it. Gaming journalism strikes again

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

NightDragon83 said:
"Melee... on the internet?!? For God sakes man, we can't have that!"

~Actual quote overheard at a meeting at Nintendo HQ.

Nintendo worked damn hard to make sure thsoe GameCube games stayed offline. Damn Sega had to wreck the GameCube's offline purity.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Red4ADevil said:
The only reason why I chose no was because the people in Nintendo's American subsidiary are the ones whom (is that right? correct me if im wrong) don't get the whole picture with the internet and the broadcasting of an entertainment medium that also requires interaction along with viewing to fully take advantage of said product.

It had always baffled me as to why disclaimers (like public performance, and broadcasting is prohibited) like on every PS and XB disc have that written on there. lets hope they come to their senses since Nintendo have been the more lenient company with this topic.

The only thing, in my mind, is that NoA is the one whose legal department is the most finicky (and that's likely due to America's very adversarial intellectual property system).

It was once a rumor (though this has since been debunked) that musical sampling of popular songs was what was keeping EarthBound from ever seeing the light of day, for instance. Although it was untrue, it certainly seemed plausible.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

nice 180.
I'm starting to see the benefit of shitstorms :)