By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - And people wonder why I don't own a PS3 yet....

This was already discussed and the general consensus was that Sony was right to do this and it's not really a big issue.

Around the Network

HAHA, i dont think there was really a consensus either way dallinor

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

holy crap $110! I wouldn't be a gamer if it costed $110 per game!

I'm pissed that in Canada they're 69.99 + tax, while they're only 59.99 + Tax in America. I'd really be pissed if they were $110 + tax (I'm assuming theres tax).

Man, that bites. I enjoy gaming, but there are just a few games - I mean a few games - I'd pay $100 to play. Can anyone explain to me why the games are soooooo expensive over there? I paid $60 for a game - that's the most I paid out of my own pocket and would crap bricks if I had to pay more than that for most games.

BC is essential if games are that expensive. Must be nice to be Sony.

Reminds me of the intro track 'Beep, Beep' on the Timbaland and Magoo 'Welcome to our world' CD ...

'You know what I'm saying making this money
I ain't gotta rap, all i got to do is talk on this track
And you will still buy it, you know what I'm sayin?'

It's sad that words like boycott and core values are often overlooked. I'd hurt Sony where it hurts the most - on financial reports by refusing to buy their crap ...

BC is sooooooo overrated as an argument. If you really wanted to play some PS2 games, then you would have gone trough the steps ages ago. The PS2 has been alive and kicking since 2000 and has delivered tons of great titles trough the years.

If you really had your heart set out on playing Final Fantasy part whatever, you would have done so already and didn't start complaining about it years after launch of part 10. You even had a PS2 before so nothing could hold you back.

Stop the whining about BC, its not like they completely dropped any chance for you to play PS2 games. You just refuse to take it and complain to Sony about your personal shortcomings.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Around the Network

Sony have lost so many sales from dropping BC. Good thing they're now looking to put it back in. No word on when though.

starcraft said:
HAHA, i dont think there was really a consensus either way dallinor

con·sen·sus

-'General agreement.'

"in Sony's defense, MS did the same thing" - Dark Reqiuem

"60 bucks is pretty much the standard now for 360/PS3, which really isn't a big deal I think." - Crash Man

"No biggie. Just matching the already expected price of PS3 games. Seems kinda dumb they were lower than 3rd parties in the first place." - Super Chunk

"I don't see what's so bad about this" - Makingmusic476

"Eh, no big deal." - Riot of Blood

"I see nothing wrong with this." - Crazzymann

The rest of the posters spiralled off into a dicussion over the price of N64 games and the price of games in other regions. Only a few made comments about how this might effect sales.

The general mood/agreement in the thread was that this wasn't really a big issue.

Ergo, as the Majority of posters had the same opinion, there was indeed a general consensus starcraft.

Don`t buy PS3, PS3 community DOES NOT need you. =)

p.s. BC and higher soft price is a temperal thing. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

so dont buy a PS3 ...
I dont have one too you know :))
I waiting for MGS4 (if it is good) and a new BC+ model

Time to Work !

How about e-bay?