By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What gaming stories moved you WITHOUT a cinematic presentation like Heavy Rain or TLOU?

AndrewWK said:

I didn´t see that one. I always thought Bowser as a sick sadhist. Who would kidnapp the princess rape her and cut off parts of her body to send to her father. Because he can´t take the kingdom but at least punish his tormentor and what they have done to him and his kind. But because the king doesn´t know where Bowser is hiding he would send Mario to find him and bring him his head.

There's a King in the Mario games?! Never knew that.

My guess is. The first instance was a genuine kidnapping but after that Stockholm syndrome came  into play and Bowser and Peach had kids. Unable to proclaim their love to the world, they have to create this stageplay just to hide their secret.

Look at this episode of Game Theory to back some of my points. (Start from the 3:03 mark)

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

to the moon if that counts

donkey kong country 2 ( the music!!!! )

Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:

I didn´t see that one. I always thought Bowser as a sick sadhist. Who would kidnapp the princess rape her and cut off parts of her body to send to her father. Because he can´t take the kingdom but at least punish his tormentor and what they have done to him and his kind. But because the king doesn´t know where Bowser is hiding he would send Mario to find him and bring him his head.

My guess is. The first instance was a genuine kidnapping but after that Stockholm syndrome came  into play and Bowser and Peach had kids. Unable to proclaim their love to the world, they have to create this stageplay just to hide their secret.

Look at this episode of Game Theory to back some of my points. (Start from the 3:03 mark)

Well thats a valid point

Suikoden II.

Persona 4 Golden.

Tales of Legendia - character quests.

Lost Odyssey - 1000 Years of Dream.

Around the Network

Wow, there really aren't that many now that I think about it...
Journey?
Super Metroid?
Earthworm Jim?

I can't think any off the top of my head. Many people seem to say the Walking Dead, but I just found the game really funny, not really emotional.

Of the top of my head:
Journey
To the moon
The company of myself
Papa & Yo

Mother 3, or Paper Mario, even Fire Emblem Path of Radience and Radient Dawn  

Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:

Thank you, sir. Thank you deeply. That made my freaking night.