By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 no longer on window display at EB (Australia)?

I was walking past an EB tonight on my way home from work - when I noticed something odd. The PS3 has had *some* form of window display (i.e. looking out onto the street) ever since it launched - 5 weeks ago. The Wii has also always been on display.

Tonight - the PS3 is gone. No sight of it anywhere. It has been replaced by DS promotional posters (DS + 2 games for $240AU - not a bad deal at all) - and posters for the upcoming Pokemon DS (not due for well over a month).

I did my best to look into the store (it was closed), and couldn't see any obvious sign of the PS3 near the front of the store either.

(the Wii is still there...).

Now - I know its just one store, for one chain, in one country - but I do think its odd. The PS3 has barely been out a month, and promotions for it have stopped? Either sales have considerably dried up, or EB are just waiting till more software arrives for it.

I snapped some pics with my mobile for proof - I'll try and get them up tonight or tomorrow. The store is in Camberwell, Melbourne for those interested. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

interesting, but there could be tons of reasons why they do it really, pictures would give us a better insight tho =) so gogogo :D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
interesting, but there could be tons of reasons why they do it really, pictures would give us a better insight tho =) so gogogo :D

Sure, that is very true. I guess I was just expecting the Wii to lose the front spot before the PS3 did (at least for a while!).

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

....Maybe they just wanted a change of pace? ...Or they wanted to actually SELL a system :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Here are the pics - unfortunately, my mobile camera is pretty crap in low light...

Strangely, the Spiderman 3 promotion - is ONLY promoting the PS2 version of the game. I do find that odd, given the game is out on every platform under the sun...

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Around the Network

Looks like your camera is telling a pretty clear picture despite the apparent fuzziness of the shots.

That's probably the best gauge to see where the systems lie. Store owners are trying to move product and what they promote the most may be the hottest ticket items. There's a chance that it also means they are trying to clear inventory and space but most times it means "hot goods, get 'em now, come to my store and pick 'em up!"

Time will tell more as it rolls on. It always does.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Yes, it's all over for Sony...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

That is sure odd... I don't think PS3 is over yet though. Maybe they took off the promotion to show off the new Pokemon and after a while they'll get the PS3 promotionnal add back? At the EBGames that's closest to me, there are Wii boxes and Super Paper Mario Promos. There are also an add for 400$ PS3s. So anyways, just saying it's probably temporary.

Hmm very strange, but my guess its just this one shop. Every game shop i look at half of the window is about ps3 Guess we shall wait and see if other shops follow, cause closest game shop to me only has pokemon and ps3 in the window, Wii and 360 fail then? :P

It's sold out people! It's nowhere to be seen! These are the shortages Sony was talking about all this time! 

Reality has a Nintendo bias.