By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 no longer on window display at EB (Australia)?

Bubbles said:
Hmm very strange, but my guess its just this one shop. Every game shop i look at half of the window is about ps3 Guess we shall wait and see if other shops follow, cause closest game shop to me only has pokemon and ps3 in the window, Wii and 360 fail then? :P
I think they have so many that they cannot fit them all at the back of the store!!

add me

Around the Network

Well I think PS3 is pretty much KIA as far as Australia goes.

In Australia PS3 has shipped about 20,000 units compared to Nintendo's over 60,000 and Microsoft's over 100,000! This major differance in hardware sales is bound to influence retail outlets, Nintendo is owning Australia on a massive scale and that is showing now in the store front adds!

The PS3 is heading towards an early grave on a global scale it's going to be intresting to see how Sony deals with the lack of success will they pull a DreamCast , maybe shift support to the PSP to make up for their losses on the PS3 or will the games division be downsized , alot of laying off occur and a restructuring of the way Sony handles its games division!

Expect to see less and less of PS3 on store shelves in Australia and eventually on a global scale unless Sony can turn things around fast!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

lolita said:
That is sure odd... I don't think PS3 is over yet though. Maybe they took off the promotion to show off the new Pokemon and after a while they'll get the PS3 promotionnal add back? At the EBGames that's closest to me, there are Wii boxes and Super Paper Mario Promos. There are also an add for 400$ PS3s. So anyways, just saying it's probably temporary.

400$ PS3? Did they drop in price that much or are those not US dollars?

koffieboon said:
lolita said:
That is sure odd... I don't think PS3 is over yet though. Maybe they took off the promotion to show off the new Pokemon and after a while they'll get the PS3 promotionnal add back? At the EBGames that's closest to me, there are Wii boxes and Super Paper Mario Promos. There are also an add for 400$ PS3s. So anyways, just saying it's probably temporary.

400$ PS3? Did they drop in price that much or are those not US dollars?

Has to be US - Super Paper Mario doesn't even have an official release date here.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Joelcool7 said:

Well I think PS3 is pretty much KIA as far as Australia goes.

In Australia PS3 has shipped about 20,000 units compared to Nintendo's over 60,000 and Microsoft's over 100,000! This major differance in hardware sales is bound to influence retail outlets, Nintendo is owning Australia on a massive scale and that is showing now in the store front adds!

Not exactly right.

The most recent sales(?) figures were:

PS3 - 36k

Wii - 80k

360 - 160k

If that's true, I think the PS3 has actually done pretty well here - considering the price and everything else. Still suspicious those are shipment figures, not exactly sure where those numbers originally came from. 

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website

Around the Network

Just an update on this - went through Chadstone today, and although its a very similar "window front" display (Wii, DS + Pokemon) the Spiderman 3 posters have been replaced with PS3 posters. Very appropriate I would say (after reading the Spiderman3 reviews...).

Gesta Non Verba

Game Assessment website