By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Was the Bible written by Satan?

If there is some form of 'god', and based on current evidence (of which there is zero) there is not,
then isnt he meant to be all powerful?
Which would mean either he is a douche and allows Satan to live and do crazy stuff to his creations,
or he is not all powerful, therefore a shitty god.

Either way, if god exists, he is a douche.

That being said, he does not exist.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:

There are some things that I can't explain here and now. I've been around religion all of my life and I have been blessed to be able to do that. If you aren't on the same page that I'm on I'm afraid we can't continue this conversation. As I said, religion is a touchy subject for me, especially with aethiests. I don't want to force anything on anybody but I know too much evidence to not witness myself. Just, there are things about Jesus that they believe that don't seem right... that's all.

Let me start by correcting your spelling for you.

Its AthEist, not Aethiest, or athiest.

And secondly, you seem to have an opinion that there is a god, but that only your religion is the correct one. Just convenient that you happened to choose the right religion, which im guessing your parents also follow...

If you never notify anyone of any form of religion, they will not come to that assumption with todays current scientific understanding, and religion only exists today through childhood indocrination. Which i count as a mild form of child abuse. not allowing them to make informed decisions and forcing kids to act a certian way through fear of a 'god' or 'satan' is not a proper way to bring up a child.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

pauluzzz1981 said:
So why do so many put down the Bible as being inaccurate and untrustworthy?

Because if Jesus was such a huge impact on society, as the way which the bible states it, then why did the first documented writings not start until after he had died, did nobody think to write it down while he was alive?

Only 45-60 years after his death did they start writing it down? Which, in those days, was at least 1 generation after possibly even 2 generations.

And that is the reason why it is classed as inaccurate and untrustworthy.

Serious_frusting said:
Whoever wrote the bible has to be "satan". What kind of narcissistic brute would intentionally trick people into believing that drivel? That book is causing wars throughout the world and preventing the continued progress of man. Has done for many years.

The sooner basic logic supplants all religions the better off mankind will be.

To be fair Christianity stopped causing major wars since the crusades. A certain other religion is now taking the spotlight, while also hindering social developement.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

spurgeonryan said:
sales2099 said:
Sigh......in this age of modernism, free will leads to threads like this. Some people believe what they want to believe.

Christianity has bigger fish to fry. Satanism is adopted by rebellious people who rejected a Christian upbringing. This isn't a recognized religion and therefore not a threat.

So you are a christian and you feel that the bible is just as God intended?

Never read the bible except passages at Sunday mass. The general point of the bible, and Christianity is to preach love to your fellow man.

Yup.....the work of the devil.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
pauluzzz1981 said:
ArnoldRimmer said:
pauluzzz1981 said:
ArnoldRimmer said:
God? Pfffft, what a ridiculous concept! Satan on the other hand... Now that is something that seems perfectly reasonable and credible!

Even the most hardcore christians I know are perfectly aware that the bible is a rather arbitrary collection of several texts, written by a number of unknown humans, with especially the new testament texts all being written down several decades after Jesus assumed death, usually by people who were not even alive back at the time.

Why is it always atheists constantly creating threads about god, religion etc.? Serious question, I wonder why many of them are so obsessed with something they consider just a kind of fairytale for childs anyway. You rarely see Asantaists or Aeasterbunnyists creating threads speculating about christmas being a Grinch invention...

not true.

Craig L. Blomberg: The Historical Reliability Of The Gospels

Lee Strobel: The case for Christ

not true.

Arnold J. Rimmer: The Historical Reliability Of ArnoldRimmer Postings

Dave Lister: The case for my hologram buddy

But seriously: I'm sure you don't seriously believe that I will get out, buy and read two books just because you placed their titles in this thread, without any further explanation. So what was the purpose of that posting? If you think that there is information in these books relevant to the subject, just write it down so everyone can discuss it.

Great! I wil do that. Need to do some research but i will be back.

First this, more is coming.

Let's compare the New Testament with some other writings of olden days. The New Testament was written over a time period of 60 years. We have over 24,000 copies and some of the copies we have are only 25 years removed from the originals! Caesar's work, The Gallic Wars, was written over a 56 year
period. We have 10 copies, the closest to the original is 1,000 years removed. We have 643 copies of Homer's Iliad and there is a 500 year span between the original and oldest existing copy. So you see, no other work comes close to the New Testament. So why do so many put down the Bible as being inaccurate and untrustworthy?

Author When Written Earliest Copy Still in Existence Today Time Span Between 1st Written and Oldest Copy Number of Ancient Copies in
Existence Today
Pliny the Younger A.D. 61-113
850 A.D.

750 yrs

Caesar 100- 44 B.C. 900 A.D. 1,000 yrs. 10
Plato 427-347 B.C. 900 A. D. 1,200 yrs. 7
Aristolte 384-322 B.C. . 1100 A. D.
1,400 yrs.

Sophocles
496-406 B.C.
1000 A.D.
1,400 yrs. 193
Euripedes
480-406 B.C.
1100 A.D. 1,500 yrs. 9

Catallus

54 B.C.

1550 A.D.

1,600 yrs.

New Testament
48 A. D. (Mark) 130 A.D. (N.T.) 80 yrs. 24,630

I love these sorts of discussions. I am a christian, but i als love science. And not the ''the earth is 6000 years old science'', but archeology and that kind of stuff.

Lee Strobel is psychopath, your argumentation with ancient sources is absolutely fucked, the truth is in communist countries in 20th century, was hardly single printed copy of Orwell but hundreds of thousand copies of Marxism Leninism.

Your arguments are hardly proof, in other words, your proofs are clear example of one thing, the Christian determination to liquidate anything that didn't fit to their world view.

The downfall of any particular religion comes NOT from knowledge, but it's political decision (will of powerful humans), the humans are perfectly capable to belief in anything, the Christianity is greatest example how completely fucked ideology, can be with enough power and enough time and determination forced to entire civilization.

It's not exclusive to Christianity, the truth is in 20th century the entire world witnessed how easily entirely fucked ideology can be forced to millions of people within few years, the Bolsheviks in Russia within less than one generation forced the entire society to Bolshevism, with enough time, force and determination you can do it.

Of course the conversion to Christianity was far more lengthy process, the Romans were far more healthy than Christians in Russia, but it can be done.

The Political Correctness and the entire multicultural agenda is other example how easily can be the entire society converted to fucked ideology.

So the death of religion is political decision nothing more, and always the dying religion is replace by new religion.

The contemporary atheism is nothing but joke, those atheist are not atheist they preach new faith, new dogma and new religious myth.

twilight_link said:
pauluzzz1981 said:
ArnoldRimmer said:
pauluzzz1981 said:
ArnoldRimmer said:
God? Pfffft, what a ridiculous concept! Satan on the other hand... Now that is something that seems perfectly reasonable and credible!

Even the most hardcore christians I know are perfectly aware that the bible is a rather arbitrary collection of several texts, written by a number of unknown humans, with especially the new testament texts all being written down several decades after Jesus assumed death, usually by people who were not even alive back at the time.

Why is it always atheists constantly creating threads about god, religion etc.? Serious question, I wonder why many of them are so obsessed with something they consider just a kind of fairytale for childs anyway. You rarely see Asantaists or Aeasterbunnyists creating threads speculating about christmas being a Grinch invention...

not true.

Craig L. Blomberg: The Historical Reliability Of The Gospels

Lee Strobel: The case for Christ

not true.

Arnold J. Rimmer: The Historical Reliability Of ArnoldRimmer Postings

Dave Lister: The case for my hologram buddy

But seriously: I'm sure you don't seriously believe that I will get out, buy and read two books just because you placed their titles in this thread, without any further explanation. So what was the purpose of that posting? If you think that there is information in these books relevant to the subject, just write it down so everyone can discuss it.

Great! I wil do that. Need to do some research but i will be back.

First this, more is coming.

Let's compare the New Testament with some other writings of olden days. The New Testament was written over a time period of 60 years. We have over 24,000 copies and some of the copies we have are only 25 years removed from the originals! Caesar's work, The Gallic Wars, was written over a 56 year
period. We have 10 copies, the closest to the original is 1,000 years removed. We have 643 copies of Homer's Iliad and there is a 500 year span between the original and oldest existing copy. So you see, no other work comes close to the New Testament. So why do so many put down the Bible as being inaccurate and untrustworthy?

Author When Written Earliest Copy Still in Existence Today Time Span Between 1st Written and Oldest Copy Number of Ancient Copies in
Existence Today
Pliny the Younger A.D. 61-113
850 A.D.

750 yrs

Caesar 100- 44 B.C. 900 A.D. 1,000 yrs. 10
Plato 427-347 B.C. 900 A. D. 1,200 yrs. 7
Aristolte 384-322 B.C. . 1100 A. D.
1,400 yrs.

Sophocles
496-406 B.C.
1000 A.D.
1,400 yrs. 193
Euripedes
480-406 B.C.
1100 A.D. 1,500 yrs. 9

Catallus

54 B.C.

1550 A.D.

1,600 yrs.

New Testament
48 A. D. (Mark) 130 A.D. (N.T.) 80 yrs. 24,630

I love these sorts of discussions. I am a christian, but i als love science. And not the ''the earth is 6000 years old science'', but archeology and that kind of stuff.

Lee Strobel is psychopath, your argumentation with ancient sources is absolutely fucked, the truth is in communist countries in 20th century, was hardly single printed copy of Orwell but hundreds of thousand copies of Marxism Leninism.

Your arguments are hardly proof, in other words, your proofs are clear example of one thing, the Christian determination to liquidate anything that didn't fit to their world view.

...that's more than a little harsh, wouldn't you say?

If his arguments don't hold up, then by all means, show where they're faulty. Saying that he's just determined to hide the truth because you think his argument is faulty is going ridiculously overboard, and amounts to little more than an ad hominem attack instead of any sort of decent counter argument.

If someone's wrong, show them where they are, and help them overcome the error in their thinking. That's the way society's thought processes improve in the first place; people benefit from being shown where they're wrong so long as it's done in a constructive manner. Insulting people convinces absolutely no one and merely hinders your own cause. No one's going to accept an ideal coming from a person who does nothing besides spew insults.

spurgeonryan said:
sales2099 said:
spurgeonryan said:

So you are a christian and you feel that the bible is just as God intended?

Never read the bible except passages at Sunday mass. The general point of the bible, and Christianity is to preach love to your fellow man.

Yup.....the work of the devil.

What can I say? The best sales man ever. He knows what we want or need to hear to follow like sheep.

lol what? No....just no.

Christianity crushed Satanism hundreds of eyars ago. It isn't an official religion and its only followers are rebellious emo kids and delinquent adults :P

Christianity has bigger fish to fry, and it ain't him.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?