By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's DualShock 4 light bar can't be turned off to save battery

I'm sure they will eventually release a firmware that will let you do it.

Its like the touch controls on the vita.

Around the Network

1 question: how much energy does the light need? 1-5% who cares as you don't need to buy bTterie

2 question: the ps4 is combined with the cam 40 bucks cheaper than the xbox
no need to beat the price.

@Eightball
I will have fun swapping out rechargeable battery packs on the more comfortable controller instead of having to sit 2 feet away from the TV while the controller is charging.

Gnac said:
outlawauron said:
Well, at least they'll be able to use the colors to identify P1, P2, P3, etc.

If I see two lights lit up, I know that's player 2's controller. How could colours convey this? Bear in mind that a need for an external reference would add unneccesary complexity.

The PS signature and mascot color "blue" is and will always be P1 or #1, Red is #2, green is #3, Pink is #4

I believe the color goes by the color of the face buttons starting with X

So if an individual ever forgets, they can just look at the buttons on their controller

X = Blue, O = Red, Triangle = Green, Square = Pink

;)

Conegamer said:
This is why I don't see how I can be the "best controller ever". Maybe it is, but for now I feel as though that light will do nothing but annoy me.

will you even notice it though? I can't see the light on the 360 pad, which I know is smaller but it's brighter and on the face of the controller.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
This is why I don't see how I can be the "best controller ever". Maybe it is, but for now I feel as though that light will do nothing but annoy me.

You won't even be able to see it. It's positioned angle down so you won't be able to notice it.

People love to complain about the dumbest things lol. Oh noez the controller light bar can't be turned off...the PS4 is doomed!

tuscaniman99 said:
@Eightball
I will have fun swapping out rechargeable battery packs on the more comfortable controller instead of having to sit 2 feet away from the TV while the controller is charging.

You can charge the DS3 and probably the DS4 off any powered USB port,  like wall chargers and even a Laptop.  So no need to sit 2 feet away

tuscaniman99 said:
@Eightball

Heres a quick and easy solution, so easy even a caveman can do it!

Step 1) Recharge controller as you are sleeping, the PS4 does not need to be turned on for the controller to recharge.

Step 2) use controller for the entire day and have fun playing however far away from the TV you want to be.

Repeat steps 1 and 2.

I cannot believe it, that's a deal breaker! PS4 pre-order cancelled. Hello, Xbone.

It better acts as a flashlight... That would make it the supreme controller..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)