By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's DualShock 4 light bar can't be turned off to save battery

Im just going to file this one under non issue.

Around the Network

Oh Sony, this is the most terrible mistake any developer has ever made! Definitely getting a shitbox one now...

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

lol? That's incredibly stupid. Hope it's not that bright.

Conegamer said:
Also, what are the odds do we think of having a PSEye bundle soon?

It would most likely be a Move and PSEye bundle. It wont be just the Eye. It should come soon enough

Mmmfishtacos said:
Im just going to file this one under non issue.

I can't read that in a non-Kevin Butler voice.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

The DS4 Light bar is not 100% made for PS Eye, people. The DS4 blinks as you turn on the controller just like the 4 leds on ds3 and the color of the light bar determines which player the controller is.

You have additional things that the controller can do with PS Eye

Good thing it comes with a 1000ma internal rechargeable battery. Why can't I turn off the indicating LED on my DS3 while we're at it. People are desperate to find a flaw with the PS4. I hope that author has fun changing out his AA batteries on the other system. Honestly if this is the best they can come up with, the the PS4 is going to dominate more than we think.

outlawauron said:
Well, at least they'll be able to use the colors to identify P1, P2, P3, etc.

If I see two lights lit up, I know that's player 2's controller. How could colours convey this? Bear in mind that a need for an external reference would add unneccesary complexity.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Isn't the light bar replacing the 4 LEDs that are on the DS3 that designate player number? So its a wash then right? I don't really see how this is an issue.

Not an issue.