By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If a second conscious head grew out of your shoulders, should you have the right to chop it off?

Answer the Damn Question!

Yes 37 59.68%

No 25 40.32%

Total:62
TRAVIS!!! said:
Jay520 said:
TRAVIS!!! said:
He knew it could happen when he drank the juice.
So no, he shouldn't be allowed to chop it off.

So he no longer has the right to cut his own body if he wants to?

he took a risk, he knew that a head with a conciousness and dreams could grow out of his shoulders. Why should he be allowed to murder someone just because that head happens to come out of his shoulder? I would say something different if he didn't know that it could happen but he choose to take the risk and should therefore have to live with it for 5 months.

So you agree that he loses the right to his body in exchange for the rights of this new head?

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Jay520 said:
TRAVIS!!! said:

Nope he lost that right. 

Okay. Interesting.

If he gets to it before the head has any conscious thought, then yes.

Jay520 said:
TRAVIS!!! said:
Jay520 said:
TRAVIS!!! said:

he took a risk, he knew that a head with a conciousness and dreams could grow out of his shoulders. Why should he be allowed to murder someone just because that head happens to come out of his shoulder? I would say something different if he didn't know that it could happen but he choose to take the risk and should therefore have to live with it for 5 months.

So you agree that he loses the right to his body in exchange for the rights of this new head?

The new head isn't really "his" body. It has it's own consciousness and so on. It's not the same as cutting off his leg for example. He would murder another person.

TRAVIS!!! said:

The new head isn't really "his" body. It has it's own consciousness and so on. It's not the same as cutting off his leg for example. He would murder another person.

I meant if he cut around his own shoulder without ever touching the new head. 

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
TRAVIS!!! said:

I meant if he cut around his own shoulder without ever touching the new head. 

Oh...okay, now I get it. That's a difficult question. His shoulder is still his shoulder, so he should be allowed to do whatever he wants with it. But on the other hand, he knows that if he would cut off his entire shoulder before the head could detach itself, he would kill the head and it should be considered murder. Like I said, he knew this could happen so I think the rights to his own body are limited. He simply shouldn't be allowed to do something to his own body that would kill the head.

Most people voted "yes" in the poll. Where are you people?

Let's rephrase this as something morally identical: he ingested a spider alien and now a huge spider alien egg is growing on his back.

Pretty sure it'd be OK to kill it then. From the description it's more like that than a "second head".

this is a pradox.

my answer

its murder its not moral

yes I would chop that head off in a milisecond

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Soleron said:

Let's rephrase this as something morally identical: he ingested a spider alien and now a huge spider alien egg is growing on his back.

Pretty sure it'd be OK to kill it then. From the description it's more like that than a "second head".

I don't think this is morally identical. In your scenario, the answer would be too easy. In mine, they may be more conflicted with an answer, because they don't want to end human life.