By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry: Gran Turismo 6 demo vs. Gran Turismo 5

Tagged games:

Has anything changed substantially between the games? They look the same.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

The frame rate drop is a glitch in the demo. One that I dont expect to follow to the full game. If you change the screen size to 90 percent it goes away

Faxanadu said:
Has anything changed substantially between the games? They look the same.

No they don't look the same. GT6 looks better. Trust me, i play GT a lot and was getting warmed up for the academey on GT5, the switch from 5 to the demo is noticably different while keeping the feel of GT.

Is the AI really this bad?

GT6 looks darker, but that's all I can tell from the pictures.

Around the Network

How many new tracks does it have compared to GT5? The movie in the OP, that track looked identical in both games.

Nsanity said:

Is the AI really this bad?

lol

What I noticed while playing the GT 6 demo:

Faster load times - By about 1,000%

Better lighting - Here is the biggest improvement I saw to the visuals, shadows aren't as pixelated, and the lighting is just far more natural.

Better physics - I noticed that the cars lean depending on where the weight is, and how much you turn. A little touch, but very cool.

doesn't look so much better to me, but I can see improvements between GT6 and GT5

Click HERE and be happy 

Illumination and shadows have improved, and physics too. Is a notable advancement, but what i wanted most, was improving the IA (races with IA rivals are a joke) and engine sounds, and those are still work in progress....