By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Wiimote/Pointer FPS controls?

Which controls the best?

Metroid Prime 3 69 61.61%

Medal of Honour Heroes 2 3 2.68%

The Conduit 5 4.46%

Conduit 2 8 7.14%

Black Ops II 15 13.39%

Other 12 10.71%

Total:112

Which Wii FPS makes the best use of the controversial Wiimote + Nunchuk pointer controls?

Around the Network

For me by default it's Metroid Prime, because it's the only one on the list I've played and it was great.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

It's not even close: Corruption's the only one on the list that's actually a better game for having the Wii controls.

Metroid Prime 3, easily. It's a great game, and the way the control scheme was worked in was a big part of why.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for me. Each year the controls got better for Call of Duty on the Wii and by MW3 they were amazing.
Then Black Ops II came to the Wii U and the pointer controls went completely downhill >:(

Triwells said:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for me. Each year the controls got better for Call of Duty on the Wii and by MW3 they were amazing.
Then Black Ops II came to the Wii U and the pointer controls went completely downhill >:(

How so? I've played all the Wii + Wii U COD games, and while I agree the control got better with each one, I felt BO2 continued the trend, with the smoother framerate enabling more accuracy and fluidity. Granted the BO2 I played may have been patched so if it launched with crappy Wiimote controls I wouldn't know.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Triwells said:

How so? I've played all the Wii + Wii U COD games, and while I agree the control got better with each one, I felt BO2 continued the trend, with the smoother framerate enabling more accuracy and fluidity. Granted the BO2 I played may have been patched so if it launched with crappy Wiimote controls I wouldn't know.

To be honest I haven't tried out the pointer controls since the patch but they were pretty bad. But still, the pointer controls aren't the best option anymore like they were on the Wii. I feel like if you put a "good" player using the Wiimote+Nunchuck against another "good" player using the CCP or even the gamepad, the latter would win most of the time. It's not as balanced out as it was in Black Ops/MW3.

Metroid Prime 3
Modern Warfare 3
Link CrossBow - no jokes lol

Click HERE and be happy 

Triwells said:
curl-6 said:
Triwells said:

To be honest I haven't tried out the pointer controls since the patch but they were pretty bad. But still, the pointer controls aren't the best option anymore like they were on the Wii. I feel like if you put a "good" player using the Wiimote+Nunchuck against another "good" player using the CCP or even the gamepad, the latter would win most of the time. It's not as balanced out as it was in Black Ops/MW3.

I never tried it online, (I hate COD online) but I'd recommend giving it a go post-patch, I found the pointer controls superb when I played the campaign and zombies, very smooth and intuitive.

Metroid Prime 3 or BLOPS2 post patch (pre patch they were rubbish).

No love for Goldeneye?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."